[SOLVED] I'm looking for quiet graphic cards minimum 6GB

Sep 11, 2019
Hi,

the GPU should be able to display current games in high settings @ 1080 without turning into a vacuum cleaner right away ..... Does not necessarily have to be something from the current generation lineup.

Price does not matter, only no water cooling with radiators cleaning and annoying water pumps.

Thanks for your comments

Solution
A good source for quiet computing is
www.silentpcreview.com

My thought would be to overprovision with a stronger graphics card than you need so it will loaf.

Install in a case with good ventilation.
I think one with at least two front 140mm intakes will usually do the job.
Sep 11, 2019
For me as a sound-sensitive person some deviations are already a lot, your recommended card STRIX GTX 1060 6GB reaches in a fully stressed status (in-game) approximately 40 dBA. This is a moderate noise level, you will be able to hear the irritating cooling if you are gaming.

As a reference to the "soundscape", comparable to a PS4 Slim, so maximum 34 dB, at full load in games, graphics settings accordingly 1080.60FPS, medium to high settings.

My budget build looks like this, I really just want to test PC gaming, and if convinced, I'll buy more powerful hardware.

Ryzen 3 3600, be quiet CPU cooler
16 GB 3 Ghz DDR4
B450 AS Rock Plus
Corsair 600w power supply
be quiet 600
WD 240 GB SSD and 2 TB WD HDD

.... and not to loose track of the graphics jungle over several generations is simply too exhausting for me without any expertise. I want a quiet card, idc whether 1070,1080,1660TI, RTX 2060, etc.

You can name a few low-noise custom models, ideally with db information if available .... that would help me a lot.