[SOLVED] Impossible Ram Installation on Motherboard with Tabs on only one end of Slots

cyberfyber

Reputable
Oct 26, 2016
Is this now becoming a thing?
That is, memory slots with an moveable tab on only one end?

Completed my very first build today using the MSI B550 Tomahawk. Spent 20 minutes trying to get a couple modules in.
An insane experience when only one end opens up. I still have no idea how I managed to do it.

Yeah, it's my first build, but I've been dealing with ram modules and the slots they go for nearly 30 years. Never came across anything like this.
Is this normal?

Solution

Completed my very first build today using the MSI B550 Tomahawk. Spent 20 minutes trying to get a couple modules in.
An insane experience when only one end opens up. I still have no idea how I managed to do it.

Yeah, it's my first build, but I've been dealing with ram modules and the slots they go for nearly 30 years. Never came across anything like this.
Is this normal?
Insert RAM in the "blind" side first. hold stick at shallow angle (about 15 degrees) and then slide finger toward other end so contacts slide in one by one, no problem. Newer MBs need more force to insert.

Is this normal?
Insert RAM in the "blind" side first. hold stick at shallow angle (about 15 degrees) and then slide finger toward other end so contacts slide in one by one, no problem. Newer MBs need more force to insert.

Reactions: aldan
Solution