[SOLVED] In lag through ram

Oct 26, 2021
I had hyper x 2133 2x8 on my Asus prime z 270k pared with a 7700k. Now I bought some 3200 ripjaws 2x16 and it feels like my inputs aren't as accurate and crisp as before and some how the games seem to act slower as before but I have a more stable system with stable frames but the movement an the aiming feels like I'm dragging the mouse through glue. And my hit detection does not work well especially in bf 2042 I shooted at enemy's where 2of 4 shots didn't even make hitmarkers

Solution
but memtest only has 4 passes in trial version i would do more but i cant or is there any other program ?
Ah, pardon me.
You can use testmem5 with 1usmus profile. You can download program and configs there
Enter program, load config then program will autoclose, open it again.
Administrator required for normal RAM test there
You can find approximate stuff that causes errors for 1usmus and anta_extreme profiles on "data" sheet there
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet...JV3BjdL-dcfJJeyhdSAoJmuzJE/edit#gid=878090880
1_usmus test errors are more informative though...
Tests 3 and 11 rare synched error can be...
I had hyper x 2133 2x8 on my Asus prime z 270k pared with a 7700k. Now I bought some 3200 ripjaws 2x16 and it feels like my inputs aren't as accurate and crisp as before and some how the games seem to act slower as before but I have a more stable system with stable frames but the movement an the aiming feels like I'm dragging the mouse through glue. And my hit detection does not work well especially in bf 2042 I shooted at enemy's where 2of 4 shots didn't even make hitmarkers
Can you run userbenchmark and share the public link to the results. It might point to what is performing correctly.

Oct 26, 2021
i testet with prime 95 no errors,
than i checked and benched with aida 64 extreme seems to be fine.
i tried latency moon not the best but noting above 200 ns most of the time between 30 and 100 except kernel with 450 ns sometimes.
i did memtest with 4 passes no errors
seems the last chance to find out what it is is take the mainboard out of the case. but im scared that it breakt it /it doesnt work anymore after that .
when nothing but the graficcard, the cpu and the memmory is on and it still lags in bios than i think it must be something wrong with the mainboard
i even can start without grafic card because the 7700k has integradet grafics
i can imaginge that is something wrong with the board about 1 jear ago maybe more i wantet to unplug an usb device andt hit th plug from the old psu. and i gave blue lightnings, maybe this could the reason for this beahvior.

Oct 26, 2021
Normal memtest or custom config memtest with 16 tests and with LONG workload...
4 passes usually not very much, test should go at least for an hour or more just to get any result that is less than common failure cause voltage/timing messed up
but memtest only has 4 passes in trial version i would do more but i cant or is there any other program ?

Oct 26, 2021
BF 2042 is still in early access so I would not think much of problems with that game yet.
its not nly bf is in any game i play and in windows ecpect even in bios... and it make me sick its like being drunk when you play.
but icant find out what is causing this issue , if i change to my old 2133 hz ram its getting a bit better but still input lag when you move.
dont know if somethng wrong with the wires. but idont want to take the mainboard out of the case an che if it works when just grafics card and memory placed on the board

DimkaTsv

Commendable
Nov 7, 2021
Ah, pardon me.
You can use testmem5 with 1usmus profile. You can download program and configs there
Enter program, load config then program will autoclose, open it again.
Administrator required for normal RAM test there
You can find approximate stuff that causes errors for 1usmus and anta_extreme profiles on "data" sheet there
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet...JV3BjdL-dcfJJeyhdSAoJmuzJE/edit#gid=878090880
1_usmus test errors are more informative though...
Tests 3 and 11 rare synched error can be caused by desync in between tRFC - tRFC2 and tRFC4... (as you must get tRFC2 and tRFC values by formula from tRFC and not look upon then in manufacturer hardcoded spec . . . learned that hard way)

Solution

DimkaTsv

Commendable
Nov 7, 2021
Ah yeah
You may edit config files that are in /bin folder of this program. Set up workload amount (in %) and cycle times...
For 1_usmus long test i either run 300% workload with 30 cycles (5 hours), or 100% workload with 90 cycles (6 hours)

Oct 26, 2021
Ah yeah

You may edit config files that are in /bin folder of this program. Set up workload amount (in %) and cycle times...
For 1_usmus long test i either run 300% workload with 30 cycles (5 hours), or 100% workload with 90 cycles (6 hours)
i did cmos and released the battery but nothing changed ... but my board tellsThe System has posted in Safe mode . Press F1 to run Setup“ but it doesnt matter if i put in the old ram or the new one. this happend also as is bought the board and i thought it was broken but after 3 or 4 restarts the bios safe mode went in. after that you can regulary use bios and the pc. idint thought much about that back then because it worked without big problems

DimkaTsv

Commendable
Nov 7, 2021
i did cmos and released the battery but nothing changed ... but my board tellsThe System has posted in Safe mode . Press F1 to run Setup“ but it doesnt matter if i put in the old ram or the new one. this happend also as is bought the board and i thought it was broken but after 3 or 4 restarts the bios safe mode went in. after that you can regulary use bios and the pc. idint thought much about that back then because it worked without big problems
hmm
There are suggestions on this theme
Flash latest BIOS
Disable fastboot
Check RAM slots, settings and ability to these settings being actually applied. Sometimes XMP will not work, because BIOS doesn't allow it for some reason. . .
Send a word to your.... motherboard? manufacturer

Another one
Try this:

Click on Start.
Type msconfig. (This will bring up the System Configuration window.)
Go to the Boot tab.
If selected, remove the tick from Safe boot.
Click Apply and then OK.
Lastly, restart your computer.
See if this stops it from randomly posting to safe mode.

And another one:
Sounds like it might be an automatic overclock or setting that the motherboard couldn't re-establish, or even a weak cmos battery. LoL

Try to disable XMP profile

Oct 26, 2021
hmm
There are suggestions on this theme
Flash latest BIOS
Disable fastboot
Check RAM slots, settings and ability to these settings being actually applied. Sometimes XMP will not work, because BIOS doesn't allow it for some reason. . .
Send a word to your.... motherboard? manufacturer

Another one
Try this:

Click on Start.
Type msconfig. (This will bring up the System Configuration window.)
Go to the Boot tab.
If selected, remove the tick from Safe boot.
Click Apply and then OK.
Lastly, restart your computer.
See if this stops it from randomly posting to safe mode.

And another one:
Sounds like it might be an automatic overclock or setting that the motherboard couldn't re-establish, or even a weak cmos battery. LoL

Try to disable XMP profile
the motherboard had this f1 issue sins i bought it, i was very frighntet as i startet it in first place and got a black screen than i startet it 3 times again and iwas abel to get into bios over the save mode and since that it was working so i havent cared for it anymore. if it hadn`t turned on i would have just gave it back. so maybe its was just faulty from the beginning
so i found out it must me something diffrent so it could only be cpu or mainboard itself, i belive the ram change only made the problem shown stronger because the cpu had to more inputs at the time if im right.
bios is on the latest have 1207
-my board is a prime z270k from asus
-cpu intel 7700k
-ram old hyper x 2133 mhz cl 14 (2x8gb) i would say so it ix in xmp profile
-ram new gskill ripjaws 3200 mhz cl 16 (2x16gb) and it did what it should do it improved perfomance and everything was running smoother and more stable...
-gpu 1070 ti gigabyte gaming 8 g
-psu corsair rm 650x
another case could be the problem of the input lag. About 1 and a half jear ago i wantet to unplug a usb cable and hit the plug off the power suply and created a blue lightning
was very afraid but it didnt really happend something, everything worked after that... but i dont have this power suply anymore i bought a new one because the old one made indiferences with my dlan adapter

Oct 26, 2021
i dont really know because its long ago, i cant tell if there has been a difference the mouse has always been little bit unacurate but the new ram made it extreme ...
the problem is i dont really want to invest into a new (old)mainboard only to find out it hasnt been the issue. and i dont know if it work works well with the new ram because its oc... and my 7700 k run under stress test with 95 degrees + a new or used 270k mainboard cost around 100 euro here in germany ...
so it would be better to invest into all new components like new processor, new mainboard , new case
im looking for an 5600x or 5800 x with a matching mainboard. to be on the safe side... on the other side i would like to buy one of the all new processor coming end next year an buy an complete new setup
so i dont really know if it would make sence to buy the amd 5kseries now
because of ther 1070ti and horrible graficard price im am not willing to pay the graficcard is the limiting factor anyway, because it work with around 90 to 100% usage at the moment

DimkaTsv

Commendable
Nov 7, 2021
Аnd my 7700 k run under stress test with 95 degrees
im looking for an 5600x or 5800 x with a matching mainboard. to be on the safe side... on the other side i would like to buy one of the all new processor coming end next year an buy an complete new setup
so i dont really know if it would make sence to buy the amd 5kseries now
Oh my... intel is such a boiler plate.
My 5600X (with small OC and huge UV) runs maximum 83 C on 4 core load (mose thermal active load there)... common light load (browser, some zoom meeting, excel work etc) temp is around 37-42 C... Only in CPU heavy games i met 60+C on CPU rn... (Pathfinder WOTR... little thermal barrel there, loads 5-th core somehow more than 1 and 2)
So i can recommend 5600X for sure, idk though if 5800 would've been better for you) But with 1070ti probably wouldn't matter unless you have some rendering load or video editing