In Pictures: 40 Of The Dirtiest PCs We've Ever Seen

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.
G

[citation][nom]synphul[/nom]Some of these are outright nightmares. As a smoker, my case has never looked so hideous. I know people have their reasons for disliking smokers, but I resent the comments by those stating the worst cases must be from smokers. Correction, the worst cases are those that have been neglected by laziness or people who are just pigs. I've never had to 'scrape' out the interior of my case and I'll bet my system is far cleaner than many nonsmokers. As for #2, I don't even have words for that. It never even occurred to me to use my keyboard for an ashtray lol. Still worth a laugh even though these are sad sad cases.[/citation]

In fairness, the worst cases I have seen as well come from Smokers who do not clean their houses properly, you know the kind that have yellow ceilings and walls and sticky glaze of nicotine covering all the windows! Yes these PC's are the worst!

Not saying yours would be like this, but seriously, Smoking is a bad for you smelly habit and not one you should come to the defence of!

My father's old Dell was loaded with dust. He is running my old e6750 rig now, and I ask him to bring it at least once a year so it can get a proper blow job (with a can of compressed air).

G

[citation][nom]cpy[/nom]When will you fix your images? I mean i cant open multiple images, and to see one i have to click like 999x to click through useless garbage.Also when there are image quality comparisons you have no chance in f***ing hell to open 2 images to actually compare side by side.[/citation]
So far, my low budget screenshot site seems much more user friendly. Sadly, I haven't figured out how to disable the normal click popup on my weebly constructed site, hopefully the devs fix it so I don't have to middle click to open a full size version of my image in a new tab.

high-quality-screenshots.com

randomstar

Distinguished
May 2, 2007
I have seen many this bad and worse- i have seen some smoker's pc that were so bad I got high just from handling it before I got wise and put on gloves.. some ppl use the pc so minimaly that they do not notice .

G

LOL cats and laptops. Seen it all before! 10 seconds till power-down even.

elkein

Distinguished
Mar 8, 2010
The computers at work are generally installed into console desks, never to be seen again, some have been there since 2002. It's not a real dusty environment, better than home, but, I still might be able to get some horror shots, when I extract some of them.
Mums the word on cleaning them from me...

f-14

Distinguished
pretty normal if you ask me. most people do not clean their computers.
my lungs hurt just looking at these because it's the same air these things are hoovering up but only for 30+ years instead of the 1-20 years these computers spend sucking up air. i cleaned out some 1981 computers back in 2006 they all looked like this. one of them was in a salesmens office next to his waste basket, and we found the source of the ant farm in the office! i now wished i had taken a picture first before running it outside and spraying it out.
the keyboard picture rocked, by far the best, lmfao i am going to email that one to the city fire department and an ambulance service manager i know, hahahaha!

That's a perty good collection.. I wish i snapped a shot of one guy's that had the usual dust bunnies and whatsthats... but... also a roach motel and a few dead roaches. I told him I didn't want his business until he came back with a clean computer ;)

To comment about the questions of how a pc could get that bad... When I bought a Gateway PC back in the 90's (PII 300mhz) they were still putting Warranty Void if Broken stickers on the cases so I'm thinking a lot of folks never dreamed of opening their precious computers and would likely continue that practice through the years.

wiyosaya

Distinguished
Apr 12, 2006
I think this is a bigger comment on indoor air quality. Yuck. :p High efficiency air filters on my furnace probably contribute to the relative lack of dust in my machines over the years.

But, the guy with the cigarette on his keyboard...thank God I don't smoke. :O

wiyosaya

Distinguished
Apr 12, 2006
[citation][nom]Efrayim[/nom]Notice that none of these look like gaming machines... We PC gamers take care our our Stuff![/citation]
Hey, wait. #6 looks like an enthusiast machine. :0

makwy2

Distinguished
Dec 9, 2009
Awesome series of pics.

I once worked on a computer that (before I cleaned/worked on it) literally had connecting strands of dust between the case, fans, PSU, motherboard and floppy drive. It looked like a spider wove a web inside the case made of dust. The dust on the bottom was caked so think it was basically dirt. I asked if they wanted me to sprinkle some seeds in there and grow some organic veggies.

wacker

Distinguished
Oct 27, 2006
In the 15 years of being a system builder I have seen some aweful things inside of computers besides dust. The worst was a computer that a mouse founds a way in and couldn't find a way out. It started to stink within days. I was called to come see why the computer was stinky. The other which happens quite often is spiders which find their way into computers and build their nests and webs. I started carrying a shopvac with me.

Status
Not open for further replies.