pickxx

Distinguished
Apr 20, 2004
For super long threads its kind of weird and annoying but i kind of like it.

it lists them backwards so the most recent are towards the top.

Its nice so you can reply, and look at multiple posts if you need to. Sometimes i forget wh said what, so i will use that to go back...before i had to open everything in a new window so i could switch between the reply and the thread.

To each his own i guess...

steve_sa

Distinguished
Nov 6, 2005
It was intentionally done that way so that you can see the 'context' of the message. i.e. if you are looking at a post on page 4 and it is in reply to a post on page 1, when you click, you see the entire content of page 1, so you can follow the discussion down if you wish.

Assuming most people have high speed, this should not cause a problem since the first post gets shown anyways, and everything else if filling up under it.

Feedback. :?:

If I wanted to follow the discussion back, I'd then click the 'In reply to' link again and again until I've read all the way back through peoples replies.

I can see the merits of either way.

Any more feedback?

Jake_Barnes

Splendid
It was intentionally done that way so that you can see the 'context' of the message. i.e. if you are looking at a post on page 4 and it is in reply to a post on page 1, when you click, you see the entire content of page 1, so you can follow the discussion down if you wish.

I have very good broadband, so for me, it's a good feature ... I can see where it might be an issue for slower connections ... but I'm thinking connections will only get faster and very soon - so I would keep it. I, too, like to be able to retrace the entire thread in the pop-up ... :D

slvr_phoenix

Splendid
Dec 31, 2007
I've always liked the ability to see it all in other forums, so I like it in this one too. :D I even liked it when I was on a 56K dialup. It's only text, so it's not like it's much bandwidth.