in search of a new laptop

jyuubii

Commendable
Apr 17, 2018
hello! just to clarify beforehand, I'm very unfamiliar with a some things regarding laptops specs (I am just now trying to understand the importance of CPU and GPU and cores....) so I apologize for any lack of information or mistakes!

1. What is your budget?
my max budget would probably be $1000, but considering how good the laptop is, I could stretch it to $1400

2. What is the size of the notebook that you are considering?
any size is fine.

3. What screen resolution do you want?
no smaller than 1920 x 1080.

4. Do you need a portable or desktop replacement laptop?

desktop replacement.

5. How much battery life do you need?

I won't be moving around with it much at all, so a low battery life won't be an issue.

6. Do you want to play games with your laptop? If so then please list the games that you want to with the settings that you want for these games. (Low,Medium or High)?
yes. games I usually play are: Minecraft, Guild Wars 2, The Sims, Warframe, and Gary's Mod. I would like to use medium to high settings.

7. What other tasks do you want to do with your laptop? (Photo/Video editing, Etc.)
I use Photoshop and After Effects for photo and video editing.

8. How much storage (Hard Drive capacity) do you need?
1TB is enough for me. I would like an SSD though, so something like 1TB HDD with 200 SSD would be nice.

9. If you are considering specific sites to buy from, please post their links.
I usually buy from BestBuy or Amazon, but I'm open to trying other sites if they are trustworthy.

10. How long do you want to keep your laptop?
at least 5 years.

11. What kind of Optical drive do you need? DVD ROM/Writer,Bluray ROM/Writer,Etc ?
doesn't matter.

12. Please tell us about the brands that you prefer to buy from them and the brands that you don't like and explain the reasons.
I'll be honest, I never really consider the brands, even though I normally use Asus computers (mostly because it's familiar). I know some brands have bad repetitions, but I'm not sure which ones.

13. What country do you live in?
United States.

14. Please tell us any additional information if needed.
I would like at least 8GB of RAM and to be able to upgrade it. also I'm not sure if it's true, but I've read that Ryzen processors are better for gaming than Intel ones, so I've been looking into laptops that have that brand, but please let me know if I'm wrong.

thank you in advance to any responses! any help is appreciated.