Question Information about hdd health

May 24, 2024
Hello, one of my superior in my work saids a new ssd installed in out server is dead, i managed to make it accessible using diskpart, also used crystal disk mark on in, crystal disk info and also i saw the screen from victoria.

The other screen doesn't of the sectors and etcetera also show that everything is ok, the disk is almost new, my superior said the disk is bad because the loss of speed in the test with victoria, is he wrong or right?

Ralston18

Titan
[Note: You posted "other image". I am seeing only one imgur image. ]

Did you get Victoria as a download directly from the manufacturer's website? Source & version? [Some source websites were old and/or likely not trustworthy.]

Make and model SSD? Capacity? How full? (Appears to be Intel SSD, 4 TB as I understand the image.)

Have you run the SSD's manufacturer's diagnostic tools? If SSD is Intel then use Intel's tools.

= = = =

What did you do to make the SSD accessible?

Does the disk have any performance problems when in normal operation (not being tested)?

More information needed.

Hello, one of my superior in my work saids a new ssd installed in out server is dead, i managed to make it accessible using diskpart, also used crystal disk mark on in, crystal disk info and also i saw the screen from victoria.

The other screen doesn't of the sectors and etcetera also show that everything is ok, the disk is almost new, my superior said the disk is bad because the loss of speed in the test with victoria, is he wrong or right?
Post a screenshot from crystal disk info.

Depend on what sort of boss you have it might be wise to just replace the disk and be done with it.

Reactions: CountMike
May 24, 2024
[Note: You posted "other image". I am seeing only one imgur image. ]

Did you get Victoria as a download directly from the manufacturer's website? Source & version? [Some source websites were old and/or likely not trustworthy.]

Make and model SSD? Capacity? How full? (Appears to be Intel SSD, 4 TB as I understand the image.)

Have you run the SSD's manufacturer's diagnostic tools? If SSD is Intel then use Intel's tools.

= = = =

What did you do to make the SSD accessible?

Does the disk have any performance problems when in normal operation (not being tested)?

More information needed.
i'll try that thanks i'll provide more info when i get to the office.