Question In-game ads are become more invasive ?

vesp3r

Distinguished
So as the title says - ads that play within Android games are getting VERY annoying...
My question is: Is there a way prevent ads from opening play store on their own? Normally i wouldnt consider it an issue but lately theres a very invasive "studio" with ads that open the playstore on the page of their game randomly and multiple times while the advertise is playing. Some of their ads even locks you in a loop where if you close App store the ad will open it again right away, preventing you from closing the ad too. The only way i can get out of this loop is to close the game im playing completely and lose the reward for watching the ad

I am not looking for a way to completely block ads as the games i play offer some sort of rewards for watching an ad.
The real problem however starts when that game register so many "searches" from my device that after a while i get only ads from that specific studio.

As a solution i tried reporting the ads. Sadly Google doesnt offer "black list" or "not interested".
I also tried clearing my advertisement "profile" and have the playstore app set to "ask every time" instead of setting it as default program

Ralston18

Titan
Re:

"Is there a way prevent ads from opening play store on their own?"

Yes.

Do not play those games and/or fall for rewards, etc..

Go elsewhere where the ads etc. are not as intrusive or as many. Or otherwise annoy you.

A plant that is not watered will eventually wither and die.

Look for other games and options.

vesp3r

Distinguished
those ads are playing from every game i play, not just one specific so its not as easy as "stop playing that game and you wont get the annoying ads that come with it"
Anyways, i found a temporary solution to my problem. I deleted my advertisement profile completely making ads that play not tied to my activity ect. Cleared google app store's cache and now atleast i get to see other ads more often.

Math Geek

Titan
Ambassador
The ads you see are from whomever pays the most to Google to be seen as often as possible. You'll get slammed with that same ad for a while, then the next one will replace it.

Sucks for sure, but wait it out and it'll stop eventually.

Your temp solution is about all you can do really. At least you get to see new ads and not the same couple over and over.

vesp3r

Distinguished
Thats true. Ive had other annoying ads that got overplayed for a week or so. This one however is very annoying. In addition to it locking you in a loop by opening play store, it was weirdly heavy on my phone. Im talking about sucking up my battery like crazy, lagging my device, sometimes resulting in me restarting my phone because it will become unresponsive. I really think there should be a way to stop such ads.
Anyways, thanks for the help