[SOLVED] Inglés memory compatibility in MB Gigabyte Z490 vision D

Aug 7, 2020
I bought a Gigabyte Z490 Vision D motherboard for my new PC.
Also buy 2 Corsair Vengeance DDR4 16gb x 3000 memory modules.
Today, before starting the assembly, I saw in the motherboard manual that the Intel I5 10400 processor that I am going to use, only supports memories up to 2666 on this motherboard.
Those of 3000 are only supported by the I7 and I9 processors.
Before I change my memory modules, I would like to know if any have used 3000m memory in this configuration.
Since it seems strange to me that it does not admit them.

Solution
The memory specs on a motherboard are the speeds at which the motherboard will boot at stock speeds.
Your 3000 speed ram will boot at 2133 to let you get into the bios.
There, you can try to select, via XMP the higher 3000 speed profile.
It may work, but, if not, you can select 2666.
Because 3000 speed ram is better quality, you may be able to select lower timings than what 2666 ram can give.

But, since you bought a 1 x 16gb ram stick, I would exchange it for a 2 x 8gb kit which will run in faster dual channel mode.
You will not lose much in single channel mode unless you are using integrated graphics where dual channel makes a big graphics performance boost.

RealBeast

Titan
I bought a Gigabyte Z490 Vision D motherboard for my new PC.
Also buy 2 Corsair Vengeance DDR4 16gb x 3000 memory modules.
Today, before starting the assembly, I saw in the motherboard manual that the Intel I5 10400 processor that I am going to use, only supports memories up to 2666 on this motherboard.
Those of 3000 are only supported by the I7 and I9 processors.
Before I change my memory modules, I would like to know if any have used 3000m memory in this configuration.
Since it seems strange to me that it does not admit them.
Exactly which Corsair model, the CMK16GX4M2B3000C15 ? (that is the 2x8GB kit) If so, they are very likely to work and run at 3000MHz. The QVL lists memory up to 4400MHz, and has a lot of those Corsair units listed on page 7 HERE. There is no mention by Gigabyte that any of the CPUs will not run the memory in their QVL.

Dec 20, 2020
I too have memory issues
hello Im newb . bought Gigabyte z490 Vision D I9 9900k having post issues with a Dram indicator on the board. LED debug code is at 44 when it shuts down, I am guessing its before nvram initialization but after cpu ioh pch initializeing from looking at manual. I originally tried booting it with unsupported Ram have since replaced with supported ram HyperX HX432C16PB3AK4/32 @3200mhz.
I cant get to post bios or reload with Qflash. I tried clearing cmos and removing battery
Thank You

The memory specs on a motherboard are the speeds at which the motherboard will boot at stock speeds.
Your 3000 speed ram will boot at 2133 to let you get into the bios.
There, you can try to select, via XMP the higher 3000 speed profile.
It may work, but, if not, you can select 2666.
Because 3000 speed ram is better quality, you may be able to select lower timings than what 2666 ram can give.

But, since you bought a 1 x 16gb ram stick, I would exchange it for a 2 x 8gb kit which will run in faster dual channel mode.
You will not lose much in single channel mode unless you are using integrated graphics where dual channel makes a big graphics performance boost.

Solution