ink4art ink

I just installed the inks for my Epson Stylus Photo 960 and the prints
are horrible. First off, the light cyan didn't register, then I
re-installed the Epson drivers and that seemed to work. The prints
using Epson profiles printed in Windows XP using 4 x 6 Epson Premium
Glossy Photo Paper are way dark and have a horrible odor to boot. Does
anyone have any experience with ink4art inks and what would your
recommendation be....please advise.

That's what I figured....I did ask the ink4art rep if I would need a
custom profile, and he assured me that the standard Epson profiles
would work without any problems.

roy

Distinguished
Jan 29, 2003

<tyranix95@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>I just installed the inks for my Epson Stylus Photo 960 and the prints
> are horrible. First off, the light cyan didn't register, then I
> re-installed the Epson drivers and that seemed to work. The prints
> using Epson profiles printed in Windows XP using 4 x 6 Epson Premium
> Glossy Photo Paper are way dark and have a horrible odor to boot. Does
> anyone have any experience with ink4art inks and what would your
> recommendation be....please advise.

Hi.

It should be fairly obvious that the Epson Profiles are designed for Epson
Paper and Epson Inks, so they are not going to be a lot of use if you try
using other inks.

You would need to pay someone to Profile your Printer / Paper / new Ink
combination, before C.M would work.

Roy G

IF YOU USE EPSON INK YOU WILL NOT HAVE A PROBLEM.

Roy wrote:

><tyranix95@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>

>>I just installed the inks for my Epson Stylus Photo 960 and the prints
>>are horrible. First off, the light cyan didn't register, then I
>>re-installed the Epson drivers and that seemed to work. The prints
>>using Epson profiles printed in Windows XP using 4 x 6 Epson Premium
>>Glossy Photo Paper are way dark and have a horrible odor to boot. Does
>>anyone have any experience with ink4art inks and what would your
>>recommendation be....please advise.
>>

>Hi.
>
>It should be fairly obvious that the Epson Profiles are designed for Epson
>Paper and Epson Inks, so they are not going to be a lot of use if you try
>using other inks.
>
>You would need to pay someone to Profile your Printer / Paper / new Ink
>combination, before C.M would work.
>
>Roy G

Obviously, the odor isn't going to change without changing ink brands,
if that's one of your main complaints.

You may also be having problems with the color management because of the
3rd party inks you are using. Some inks are very similar in
characteristics to OEM inks, and some, unfortunately, are not. You will
either need to alter the profiles you use, the paper you use, or
probably the most logical choice, the inks you are using.

I'm not suggesting you need to buy Epson OEM inks, but you might wish to
ask around as to which products others have had good results with with
the 960 printer and then consider those as 3rd party alternatives.

Art

Arthur Entlich wrote:

> Obviously, the odor isn't going to change without changing ink brands,
> if that's one of your main complaints.
>
> You may also be having problems with the color management because of
> the 3rd party inks you are using. Some inks are very similar in
> characteristics to OEM inks, and some, unfortunately, are not. You
> will either need to alter the profiles you use, the paper you use, or
> probably the most logical choice, the inks you are using.
>
> I'm not suggesting you need to buy Epson OEM inks,

THAT WOULD BE A GOOD IDEA