Inklevel indicator ?

Archived from groups: alt.computer,alt.computers,microsoft.public.windowsxp.general,microsoft.public.windowsxp.hardware (More info?)

I have seen some printer which give you a graphical picture of the ink
levels of your printer.

I have 2 printers, a Lexmark (very recently bought) and a HP DeskJet 935C.

They do not have this nice feature.

Is there a piece of software which I can download and which accomplishes
this feat?

My OS is Windows XP Pro.

Cs

Archived from groups: alt.computer,alt.computers,microsoft.public.windowsxp.general,microsoft.public.windowsxp.hardware (More info?)

On Wed, 15 Dec 2004 19:49:32 -0500, "Ritter197"
<Ritter197@Comcast.net> wrote:

>I have seen some printer which give you a graphical picture of the ink
>levels of your printer.
>
>I have 2 printers, a Lexmark (very recently bought) and a HP DeskJet 935C.
>
>They do not have this nice feature.
>
>Is there a piece of software which I can download and which accomplishes
>this feat?
>
>My OS is Windows XP Pro.

I can't speak for the Lexmark but for the HPDJ 935C you need to
install the optional HP toolbox. It's either on the CD or you can
download it for free from the HP website.

"Ritter197" <Ritter197@Comcast.net> wrote in message
>I have seen some printer which give you a graphical picture of the ink
>levels of your printer.
>
> I have 2 printers, a Lexmark (very recently bought) and a HP DeskJet
> 935C.
>
> They do not have this nice feature.
>
> Is there a piece of software which I can download and which
> accomplishes this feat?
>
> My OS is Windows XP Pro.

I have the driver and software suite installed for the HP 970Cse. It
includes a toolbox utility that shows the [estimated] ink level along
with a monitor tray icon to alert you to low ink levels and errors. Try
downloading the driver and software suite for your printer model to see
if HP includes a similar toolbox and monitor utility.

Ritter197 wrote:
> I have seen some printer which give you a graphical picture of the ink
> levels of your printer.
>
> I have 2 printers, a Lexmark (very recently bought) and a HP DeskJet
> 935C.
>
> They do not have this nice feature.
>
> Is there a piece of software which I can download and which
> accomplishes this feat?
>
> My OS is Windows XP Pro.

That would have to be provided by the hardware manufacturer - usually a
software suite rather than just a driver. Search Lexmark and HP for
software.

Archived from groups: alt.computer,alt.computers,microsoft.public.windowsxp.general,microsoft.public.windowsxp.hardware (More info?)

These work as estimates of the ink levels if the software
and drivers you have installed support it and the ink
cartridge has the chip installed, after market and refilled
cartridge may not work.
I have an HP 3820 with this feature, but our older HP882c
does not support ink level reports.

The reports are not very accurate, often my 3820 will start
telling me that my ink is low and I can print a hundred more
pages.

Just a general suggestion, set your default printer to use
draft or fast mode, this saves your money and ink and the
output still looks very good. If you need to print a high
quality document, it is easy to open the properties on the
pint dialogue and set that document to normal or best.

--
Merry Christmas
Have a Safe and Happy New Year
"CS" <nomail@hotmail.com> wrote in message
| On Wed, 15 Dec 2004 19:49:32 -0500, "Ritter197"
| <Ritter197@Comcast.net> wrote:
|
| >I have seen some printer which give you a graphical
picture of the ink
| >levels of your printer.
| >
| >I have 2 printers, a Lexmark (very recently bought) and a
HP DeskJet 935C.

| >They do not have this nice feature.
| >
| >Is there a piece of software which I can download and
which accomplishes
| >this feat?
| >
| >My OS is Windows XP Pro.
|
| I can't speak for the Lexmark but for the HPDJ 935C you
need to
| install the optional HP toolbox. It's either on the CD or
you can
| download it for free from the HP website.

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.general,microsoft.public.windowsxp.hardware (More info?)

Hi,

Those things are a function of the driver software that is supplied by the
printer manufacturer. If the manufacturer doesn't offer it, there is nothing
much you can do.

--
Best of Luck,

http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/expertzone
Windows help - www.rickrogers.org

"Ritter197" <Ritter197@Comcast.net> wrote in message
>I have seen some printer which give you a graphical picture of the ink
>levels of your printer.
>
> I have 2 printers, a Lexmark (very recently bought) and a HP DeskJet 935C.
>
> They do not have this nice feature.
>
> Is there a piece of software which I can download and which accomplishes
> this feat?
>
> My OS is Windows XP Pro.

Archived from groups: alt.computer,alt.computers,microsoft.public.windowsxp.general,microsoft.public.windowsxp.hardware (More info?)

I just looked through all my CD's and do not find one for the HP DeskJet
930C.

I also went to the HP website and they do not list the 930C at all.

"CS" <nomail@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> On Wed, 15 Dec 2004 19:49:32 -0500, "Ritter197"
> <Ritter197@Comcast.net> wrote:
>
>>I have seen some printer which give you a graphical picture of the ink
>>levels of your printer.
>>
>>I have 2 printers, a Lexmark (very recently bought) and a HP DeskJet 935C.
>>
>>They do not have this nice feature.
>>
>>Is there a piece of software which I can download and which accomplishes
>>this feat?
>>
>>My OS is Windows XP Pro.
>
> I can't speak for the Lexmark but for the HPDJ 935C you need to
> install the optional HP toolbox. It's either on the CD or you can
> download it for free from the HP website.

Archived from groups: alt.computer,alt.computers,microsoft.public.windowsxp.general,microsoft.public.windowsxp.hardware (More info?)

Jim, great reply. I just would like to know when to buy a new cartridge. I
am sure the SW is designed to make you run out long before it is necessary
to replace, but how does one tell?

Re you draft mode - I agree and use it.

Except when I do photos.

> These work as estimates of the ink levels if the software
> and drivers you have installed support it and the ink
> cartridge has the chip installed, after market and refilled
> cartridge may not work.
> I have an HP 3820 with this feature, but our older HP882c
> does not support ink level reports.
>
> The reports are not very accurate, often my 3820 will start
> telling me that my ink is low and I can print a hundred more
> pages.
>
> Just a general suggestion, set your default printer to use
> draft or fast mode, this saves your money and ink and the
> output still looks very good. If you need to print a high
> quality document, it is easy to open the properties on the
> pint dialogue and set that document to normal or best.
>

> --
> Merry Christmas
> Have a Safe and Happy New Year
> Live Long and Prosper
> Jim Macklin
> "CS" <nomail@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> | On Wed, 15 Dec 2004 19:49:32 -0500, "Ritter197"
> | <Ritter197@Comcast.net> wrote:
> |
> | >I have seen some printer which give you a graphical
> picture of the ink
> | >levels of your printer.
> | >
> | >I have 2 printers, a Lexmark (very recently bought) and a
> HP DeskJet 935C.
> | >
> | >They do not have this nice feature.
> | >
> | >Is there a piece of software which I can download and
> which accomplishes
> | >this feat?
> | >
> | >My OS is Windows XP Pro.
> |
> | I can't speak for the Lexmark but for the HPDJ 935C you
> need to
> | install the optional HP toolbox. It's either on the CD or
> you can
> | download it for free from the HP website.

Archived from groups: alt.computer,alt.computers,microsoft.public.windowsxp.general,microsoft.public.windowsxp.hardware (More info?)

If you select photopaper, the ink setting will default to
best.

Best thing is to keep a spare cartridge and change it when
the print starts to streak or the colors start to fade. I'm
in Wichita and have several 24/7 sources near-by (Wal-Mart
and such) that carry ink refills, so I don't worry about
keeping a high production of pages. In fact, I probably
only print 50-100 pages a month, although I sometimes do
several hundred at a single sitting, it just depends.

If you have urgent needs, such as term papers, work at home,
what ever, keep a set at home.

--

| Jim, great reply. I just would like to know when to buy a
new cartridge. I
| am sure the SW is designed to make you run out long before
it is necessary
| to replace, but how does one tell?
|
| Re you draft mode - I agree and use it.
|
| Except when I do photos.

in message
| > These work as estimates of the ink levels if the
software
| > and drivers you have installed support it and the ink
| > cartridge has the chip installed, after market and
refilled
| > cartridge may not work.
| > I have an HP 3820 with this feature, but our older
HP882c
| > does not support ink level reports.
| >
| > The reports are not very accurate, often my 3820 will
start
| > telling me that my ink is low and I can print a hundred
more
| > pages.
| >
| > Just a general suggestion, set your default printer to
use
| > draft or fast mode, this saves your money and ink and
the
| > output still looks very good. If you need to print a
high
| > quality document, it is easy to open the properties on
the
| > pint dialogue and set that document to normal or best.
| >

| > --
| > Merry Christmas
| > Have a Safe and Happy New Year
| > Live Long and Prosper
| > Jim Macklin
| > "CS" <nomail@hotmail.com> wrote in message
| > | On Wed, 15 Dec 2004 19:49:32 -0500, "Ritter197"
| > | <Ritter197@Comcast.net> wrote:
| > |
| > picture of the ink

and a
| > HP DeskJet 935C.

| > which accomplishes

| > |

On Wed, 15 Dec 2004 21:51:00 -0500, Ritter197 wrote:

> I just looked through all my CD's and do not find one for the HP DeskJet
> 930C.
>
> I also went to the HP website and they do not list the 930C at all.

But did you search for it under "Support and Drivers"? I did, and I
found the following page:

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/softwareCategory?product=60096&lc=en&cc=us&dlc=en&submit.y=7&submit.x=4&lang=en&cc=us

(or, if needed, http://makeashorterlink.com/?L58E2490A )

Sure, HP doesn't "list" it as it's not a current model. That doesn't
mean you can't still download the drivers.

--
Derek

The downside of being better than everyone else is that people tend to
assume you're pretentious.

Archived from groups: alt.computer,alt.computers,microsoft.public.windowsxp.general,microsoft.public.windowsxp.hardware (More info?)

Jim, good advice.

Merry Christmas to you too.

Karl
> [...]
> the
> | > pint dialogue and set that document to normal or best.
> | >

> | > --
> | > Merry Christmas
> | > Have a Safe and Happy New Year
> | > Live Long and Prosper
> | > Jim Macklin
> | > "CS" <nomail@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> | > |
> | > picture of the ink

> and a
> | > HP DeskJet 935C.

> | > which accomplishes

> | > |
> you
> | > need to
> CD or
> | > you can
> | > |

Archived from groups: alt.computer,alt.computers,microsoft.public.windowsxp.general,microsoft.public.windowsxp.hardware (More info?)

Merry Christmas to All,
Buy lots of stuff,
eat lots of turkey and ham,
drive sober and safely.

| Jim, good advice.
|
| Merry Christmas to you too.
|
| Karl
in message
| > If you select photopaper, the ink setting will default
| > best.
| >
| > Best thing is to keep a spare cartridge and change it
when
| > the print starts to streak or the colors start to fade.
I'm
| > in Wichita and have several 24/7 sources near-by
(Wal-Mart
| > and such) that carry ink refills, so I don't worry about
| > keeping a high production of pages. In fact, I probably
| > only print 50-100 pages a month, although I sometimes do
| > several hundred at a single sitting, it just depends.
| >
| > If you have urgent needs, such as term papers, work at
home,
| > what ever, keep a set at home.
| >

| > --
| > Merry Christmas
| > Have a Safe and Happy New Year
| > Live Long and Prosper
| > Jim Macklin
| >

| > "Ritter197" <Ritter197@Comcast.net> wrote in message
| > | Jim, great reply. I just would like to know when to
buy a
| > new cartridge. I
| > | am sure the SW is designed to make you run out long
before
| > it is necessary
| > | to replace, but how does one tell?
| > |
| > | Re you draft mode - I agree and use it.
| > |
| > | Except when I do photos.
| > |
| > | "Jim Macklin" <p51mustang[threeX12]@xxxhotmail.calm>
wrote
| > in message
| > software
ink
| > refilled
| > HP882c

will
| > start
hundred
| > more

| > use
and
| > the
| > high
on
| > the
best.

| > | > |
graphical

bought)
| > and a

| > | > |
935C
| > you
the
| > CD or
| > | > |

| > |
| > |

Cs

Archived from groups: alt.computer,alt.computers,microsoft.public.windowsxp.general,microsoft.public.windowsxp.hardware (More info?)

On Wed, 15 Dec 2004 21:51:00 -0500, "Ritter197"
<Ritter197@Comcast.net> wrote:

I found it at the HP website:

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/softwareList?dlc=en&lc=en&product=58118&lang=en&cc=us&os=228

Watch the word wrap for the above URL. The toolbox for the 930 series
should be included with the software download. Usually, I don't
install the toolbox for my HPDJ printers because I find it sometimes
does not give an accurate indication of ink level. Although I admit
it looks nice as a graphic display. <g>

Regards and good luck.

>I just looked through all my CD's and do not find one for the HP DeskJet
>930C.
>
>I also went to the HP website and they do not list the 930C at all.
>

>"CS" <nomail@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>> On Wed, 15 Dec 2004 19:49:32 -0500, "Ritter197"
>> <Ritter197@Comcast.net> wrote:
>>
>>>I have seen some printer which give you a graphical picture of the ink
>>>levels of your printer.
>>>
>>>I have 2 printers, a Lexmark (very recently bought) and a HP DeskJet 935C.
>>>
>>>They do not have this nice feature.
>>>
>>>Is there a piece of software which I can download and which accomplishes
>>>this feat?
>>>
>>>My OS is Windows XP Pro.
>>
>> I can't speak for the Lexmark but for the HPDJ 935C you need to
>> install the optional HP toolbox. It's either on the CD or you can
>> download it for free from the HP website.

Archived from groups: alt.computer,alt.computers,microsoft.public.windowsxp.general,microsoft.public.windowsxp.hardware (More info?)

Just remembered something about the cartridges used by the
HP882c [#45 and #23] They don't report on screen, but they
do have an indicator on the cartridge that can be seen by
lifting the cover, and looking at the label. It is a color
strip that changes color as the ink level goes down.

This is an HP, don't know what other makes do.

--
| On Wed, 15 Dec 2004 21:51:00 -0500, "Ritter197"
| <Ritter197@Comcast.net> wrote:
|
| I found it at the HP website:

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/softwareList?dlc=en&lc=en&product=58118&lang=en&cc=us&os=228

| Watch the word wrap for the above URL. The toolbox for
the 930 series
| should be included with the software download. Usually, I
don't
| install the toolbox for my HPDJ printers because I find it
sometimes
| does not give an accurate indication of ink level.
Although I admit
| it looks nice as a graphic display. <g>
|
| Regards and good luck.
|
| >I just looked through all my CD's and do not find one for
the HP DeskJet
| >930C.
| >
| >I also went to the HP website and they do not list the
930C at all.

| >"CS" <nomail@hotmail.com> wrote in message

picture of the ink

which accomplishes

| >> I can't speak for the Lexmark but for the HPDJ 935C you
need to
| >> install the optional HP toolbox. It's either on the CD
or you can
| >> download it for free from the HP website.

Archived from groups: alt.computer,alt.computers,microsoft.public.windowsxp.general,microsoft.public.windowsxp.hardware (More info?)

> If you select photopaper, the ink setting will default to
> best.
>
> Best thing is to keep a spare cartridge and change it when
> the print starts to streak or the colors start to fade. I'm
> in Wichita and have several 24/7 sources near-by (Wal-Mart
> and such) that carry ink refills, so I don't worry about
> keeping a high production of pages. In fact, I probably
> only print 50-100 pages a month, although I sometimes do
> several hundred at a single sitting, it just depends.
>
> If you have urgent needs, such as term papers, work at home,
> what ever, keep a set at home.

Be forewarned that HP measure the warranty period for their cartridges
from their manufacture date, *NOT* from when you bought it. Check the
expiration date on the box. Obviously it won't have the date that you
bought it. I had purchased 2 spare cartridges (one black, one color)
and about 9 months later had to use them. However, one of them failed
and HP refused to replace it under warranty because it was out of
warranty. For example,
http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport/TechSupport/Document.jsp?objectID=bpa02075&locale=en_US
notes that the end of warranty is already printed on the cartridge so
obviously it is unrelated to when you actually purchased the cartridge.
Since the "end of warranty" date is printed on the cartridge itself, you
can't see it until you remove the cartridge from its packing materials.
If you buy a cartridge and let it sit around for 6 to 12 months then it
might be out of warranty when you get around to using it. That's why
you need to buy branded cartridges from a vendor where there is decent
turnover to help ensure the start of the warranty coincides as close as
possible to when you buy it. I was going to check warranty (contract)
law but never got around to it and then forgot about it. From now on, I
wait until I need a new cartridge and then buy it. Even if it is
outside the manufactured-timed warranty period, the store will accept it
as a defect return within 14 days, or so.

While printing in draft mode saves ink, be sure to print a test page of
black and some primary colors to make sure the jets don't clog up with
dried ink. Had that happen, too, because I don't need to print much
hardcopy. Also, once you remove the plastic tape over the ports, the
cartridge starts drying out even if unused. "At $22 per quarter-ounce,
a Hewlett-Packard color ink-jet cartridge is more expensive, by weight,
than imported Russian caviar",
http://www.pcworld.com/news/article/0,aid,112199,00.asp. I never heard
what happened with the class action suit against HP
(http://www.consumeraffairs.com/news/inkjet_suit.html).

_Vanguard_ wrote:

> While printing in draft mode saves ink, be sure to print a test page of
> black and some primary colors to make sure the jets don't clog up with
> dried ink. Had that happen, too, because I don't need to print much
> hardcopy. Also, once you remove the plastic tape over the ports, the
> cartridge starts drying out even if unused. "At $22 per quarter-ounce,
> a Hewlett-Packard color ink-jet cartridge is more expensive, by weight,
> than imported Russian caviar",
> http://www.pcworld.com/news/article/0,aid,112199,00.asp. I never heard
> what happened with the class action suit against HP
> (http://www.consumeraffairs.com/news/inkjet_suit.html).

HP cartridges include the nozzles, to which they own the patents. Other
printers have separate cartridges, and have been unable to stop third
party replacements. I've used generic cartriges in my Epson Stylus Color
800 for three years with no problems and about 25% of the cost.

Gilette started it with cheap razors and expensive blades. It's now
like the old joke about the golf driving range, where the admission is
free, but they get you by the balls!

Virg Wall

Archived from groups: alt.computer,alt.computers,microsoft.public.windowsxp.general,microsoft.public.windowsxp.hardware (More info?)

Good points.

"_Vanguard_" <see_signature> wrote in message
in message
| > If you select photopaper, the ink setting will default
| > best.
| >
| > Best thing is to keep a spare cartridge and change it
when
| > the print starts to streak or the colors start to fade.
I'm
| > in Wichita and have several 24/7 sources near-by
(Wal-Mart
| > and such) that carry ink refills, so I don't worry about
| > keeping a high production of pages. In fact, I probably
| > only print 50-100 pages a month, although I sometimes do
| > several hundred at a single sitting, it just depends.
| >
| > If you have urgent needs, such as term papers, work at
home,
| > what ever, keep a set at home.
|

| Be forewarned that HP measure the warranty period for
their cartridges
| from their manufacture date, *NOT* from when you bought
it. Check the
| expiration date on the box. Obviously it won't have the
date that you
| bought it. I had purchased 2 spare cartridges (one black,
one color)
| and about 9 months later had to use them. However, one of
them failed
| and HP refused to replace it under warranty because it was
out of
| warranty. For example,

http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport/TechSupport/Document.jsp?objectID=bpa02075&locale=en_US
| notes that the end of warranty is already printed on the
cartridge so
| obviously it is unrelated to when you actually purchased
the cartridge.
| Since the "end of warranty" date is printed on the
cartridge itself, you
| can't see it until you remove the cartridge from its
packing materials.
| If you buy a cartridge and let it sit around for 6 to 12
months then it
| might be out of warranty when you get around to using it.
That's why
| you need to buy branded cartridges from a vendor where
there is decent
| turnover to help ensure the start of the warranty
coincides as close as
| possible to when you buy it. I was going to check
warranty (contract)
| law but never got around to it and then forgot about it.
From now on, I

********
| Email: lh_811newsATyahooDOTcom and append "=NEWS=" to
Subject.

Archived from groups: alt.computer,alt.computers,microsoft.public.windowsxp.general,microsoft.public.windowsxp.hardware (More info?)

LOL about the last line.

"VWWall" <vwall@earthlink.net> wrote in message
| _Vanguard_ wrote:
| >
| > While printing in draft mode saves ink, be sure to print
a test page of
| > black and some primary colors to make sure the jets
don't clog up with
| > dried ink. Had that happen, too, because I don't need
to print much
| > hardcopy. Also, once you remove the plastic tape over
the ports, the
| > cartridge starts drying out even if unused. "At $22 per
quarter-ounce,
| > a Hewlett-Packard color ink-jet cartridge is more
expensive, by weight,
| > than imported Russian caviar",
| > http://www.pcworld.com/news/article/0,aid,112199,00.asp.
I never heard
| > what happened with the class action suit against HP
| > (http://www.consumeraffairs.com/news/inkjet_suit.html).
|
| HP cartridges include the nozzles, to which they own the
patents. Other
| printers have separate cartridges, and have been unable to
stop third
| party replacements. I've used generic cartriges in my
Epson Stylus Color
| 800 for three years with no problems and about 25% of the
cost.

| Gilette started it with cheap razors and expensive blades.
It's now
| like the old joke about the golf driving range, where the
admission is
| free, but they get you by the balls!
|
| Virg Wall

Archived from groups: alt.computer,alt.computers,microsoft.public.windowsxp.general,microsoft.public.windowsxp.hardware (More info?)

"VWWall" <vwall@earthlink.net> wrote in message

> HP cartridges include the nozzles, to which they own the patents.
> Other printers have separate cartridges, and have been unable to stop
> third party replacements.

Not quite sure what you mean. Maybe there are some inkjet printers that
have replacement cartridges that don't include the nozzles in them. I
remember a blueprint-sized printer where you replace tiny clear plastic
cartridges which have no nozzles (other than the feed nozzle) and the
spray nozzles were separate. However, you can get cartridges for your
HP inkjet printer that are not [directly] from HP.

I don't refill HP cartridges (I've always made a mess of it and the ink
was different so it produced poor output probably due to different
solvents or other ingredients) but I do use remanufactured cartridges.
Patent laws prevent certain cartridges from being manufactured as brand
new by an alternative manufacturer. O.E.M. or original inkjet cartridges
can be remanufactured to produce a product that meets or exceeds the
O.E.M inkjet cartridges in output quality and print life. I get them
from the local Office Depot but they only have the black-only
cartridges. I'm still stuck with the HP-branded tri-color cartridges
(and why I configure my printer to default to grayscale output rather
than use color and switch to using color when I need it for a particular
printout). The Office Depot branded remanufactured cartridges have been
just as reliable as the HP-branded cartridges and just as good for
output quality and are cheaper ($23 for the Office Depot generic versus
$29 for one HP-51645A black cartridge; both are Office Depot's prices,
as HP says the list price on their cartridge is $35). I suppose I could
get them cheaper online but I don't keep spares and when I need a new
one is an immediate need. HP must love that cartridges dry out (which
plugs only the nozzles) even when unused so that you might not even get
all the ink that is inside to use it.

As I recall, even the remanufactured units still have an end-of-warranty
pre-printed on them so I don't bother buying the twin-packs. I don't
print enough and the spare cartridge will be out of warranty by the time
I finally would need to use it. Too often the spares are dried out by
the time I get to them although they are still in their box. I probably
go through a black cartridge in about 8 months, or more, and even longer
for the color cartridge, so it is more probable that the cartridge will
be out of warranty when it is eventually needed. However, if you go
through cartridges every 2 to 4 months then having a spare is handy as
you don't need to rush off to the store when they open and rush back to
get your much needed printout completed.

Inkjet printers are cheap. In the biz, they are known as "ink delivery
systems" (in both technical and marketing jargon but for very different
connotations). The money isn't made on the inkjet printer which are
often sold at cost. The money is made on the disposables. So figuring
out the true cost of a printer requires you to consider the cost of its
disposables. Some printers are just too damn expensive for what little
ink they provide per cartridge (inkjet or toner).

VWWall wrote:

> Gilette started it with cheap razors and expensive blades. It's now
> like the old joke about the golf driving range, where the admission is
> free, but they get you by the balls!
>
> Virg Wall

That would be

It's now like the old joke about the golf driving range, where the
admission is free, but they HAVE you bUy the balls!

CS wrote:
> On Wed, 15 Dec 2004 21:51:00 -0500, "Ritter197"
> <Ritter197@Comcast.net> wrote:
>
> I found it at the HP website:
>
> http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/softwareList?dlc=en&lc=en&product=58118&lang=en&cc=us&os=228
>
> Watch the word wrap for the above URL. The toolbox for the 930 series
> should be included with the software download. Usually, I don't
> install the toolbox for my HPDJ printers because I find it sometimes
> does not give an accurate indication of ink level. Although I admit
> it looks nice as a graphic display. <g>
>
> Regards and good luck.

Probably a good choice, I have a 930C and the toolbox said I have 0%
black ink. That was about 30 days ago. I also have a 1220C wide format
which also has a tool box. Why, I don't know because, the printer cannot
communicate with the computer without an hardware add on. I forget the
name but, finding information about it at HP's site is like pulling
teeth. Except, pulling teeth seems less painful. Per an earlier post, I
just watch my prints for evidence of ink run out.

sced13ri