Inno3D's GeForce GTX 480 Boxed for Shipping

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Boxa786

Distinguished
May 8, 2009
Not sure if any review site is authorised to release information that they currently have one of these, being tested, but can you atleast tell us when your review on this beast of a nuclear power plant will be posted?

BlackDeath

Distinguished
Dec 12, 2009
Did anyone notice that the basic design of this box looks like it is a Dell XPS laptop design? put the DELL label and XPS on it and POW there it is.

BlackDeath

Distinguished
Dec 12, 2009
Did anyone notice that the basic design of this box looks like it is a Dell XPS laptop design? put the DELL label and XPS on it and POW there it is.

rockstone1

Distinguished
Oct 28, 2007
[citation][nom]redux fountain[/nom]This is turning into the episode of Spongebob where he and patrick ordered a big-creen television just to play inside the box.[/citation]
So your a loser who watches spongebob eh? :p

mlopinto2k1

Distinguished
Apr 25, 2006
[citation][nom]the_krasno[/nom]I actually chuckled at this! What are the Box's benchmarks? Is it compatible with my PQ5-E's box?[/citation]
LOL!

Distinguished
Oct 13, 2009
[citation][nom]kelemvor4[/nom]IMO the reason you're seeing so many photos of packaged cards is to refute all these false claims...[/citation]
That's the point of viral marketing.
They announced this tactic - feeding the public with tiny bits of info through channels such as Twitter, Facebook and blogs - last November.
Guess why they took that picture in front of lots of other boxes?

It doesn't refute nor prove anything, it's just marketing.
We will see soon enough.

Question is now that their breaking open cases in the warehouse when are we going to hear that a major retailer is selling fake 480's that have been swapped out with mockups in a distributors warehouse - like the i7 920's Newegg received !!

ds1495

Distinguished
Feb 15, 2010
[citation][nom]BlackDeath[/nom]Ok for those of you who missed this... I was right it is a reworked Dell XPS laptop Copy the whole link... http://goldenwww.files.wordpress.c [...] -m1710.jpg[/citation]

I know, right?! I'm not sure why your previous comment was down rated! It looks exactly like the Dell XPS laptop line...weird, huh?

[citation][nom]ds1495[/nom]Ok, this is starting to get a little ridiculous. We don't care about the boxes, we care about performance!I don't recall ever seeing endless "stories" about the ATI 5870 boxes pre-launch...So why is this so important?[/citation]
Because in this release the cardboard box is better product than the hardware inside it.

notty22

Distinguished
Its excitement surrounding the BEST video card EVER made. Its about to be available to enthusiasts. We should all feel lucky, not jealous like these comments, "did ATI get this coverage?". lol

ds1495

Distinguished
Feb 15, 2010
[citation][nom]notty22[/nom]Its excitement surrounding the BEST video card EVER made. Its about to be available to enthusiasts. We should all feel lucky, not jealous like these comments, "did ATI get this coverage?". lol[/citation]

I hope to god you are being sarcastic...

hundredislandsboy

Distinguished
Suspect to me. This looks like a staged leak to promote the GTX 480. Where's the sticker with the serial numbers commonly found on all computer parts boxes? The box containing the videocards look different than those in the background that looks they were actually shipped (worn spots, dents, etc). The pristine box containing the videocards looks like it was taped together seconds ago. Where's the foam popcorn to go with the videocards? I'm calling this bogus, just not that convincing but I could be wrong.

rodney_ws

Splendid
Dec 29, 2005
Will "Boxgate" become a new word in 2010? If they were really THAT proud of their new product they'd be flashing benchmarks all over the internet and essentially freeze sales of AMD/ATI products... instead they stay silent. Lower than anticipated clocks and a later than expected release date CANNOT be good signs.

marraco

Distinguished
Jan 6, 2007
For fisrt time on my life, I have the money to buy the new toy. Even a pair.

My evil side says: Bought one now, bought two!

My other side says: wait for the benchmarks, don't be a first buyer, they have bugs to fix, don't waste money on a pair, don't be greedy, save for an SSD, don't be fool!

A conflict new for me. Strange feeling.

I should not buy.
I should not buy.
I should not buy....

lashton

Distinguished
Mar 5, 2006
we wont see benchmarks because nvidia know the card is not as fast as the 5870 so they will wait for all the nvidia fan boys to buy it just to find out its a crap card, this is getting interesting though

Status
Not open for further replies.