Inno3D's GeForce GTX 480 Boxed for Shipping

Page 5 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

hundredislandsboy

Distinguished
I get the feeling those boxes are hollow waiting for the product to be placed into them. 12 more days for a bunch of coins to drop. I hope the reviews will be favorable. For the price, I;m betting it won't be in the category of value bang for the dollar bit more like best bragging rights for the dollar.

teslaxero

Distinguished
Dec 28, 2009
I'm gonna make the assumption that the box isn't wrapped in plastic, there isn't anything inside. So perhaps they are shipping the boxes to the production facilities... But they aren't shipping any Fermis. Glad I didn't wait any longer and got a 5870. Hopefully if Fermi does come out 5870's will drop in price and I can get another!

what is this all about, usually nvidia likes to brag, dont get me wrong im using gtx260, they release benchmarks, early reviews, comparison with competition, release 3d demo's. very un-nvidia if you ask me.

now what? cardboards? yeeeaaaah, i bet that other cardboard(gtx480) is faster then the other cardboard, sheesh

violentlyhappy91

Distinguished
Mar 13, 2010
Why do they keep making 'better' cards? Who actually has the money to buy a new card every 6 months or so? Especially when it's not even that big a step and nothing needs it. I was using an 8500GT for 2 years, and I bought it second hand. Oh well, some people just have all the money. Nice looking box though.

i7box

Distinguished
Mar 15, 2010
I really need this new shiny BOX. I've been using Steam for a long time now and I haven't seen a new BOX in years.

blashyrkh

Distinguished
Jul 4, 2007
OMG PEOPLE, ARE YOU ALL BLIND???
I mean, from the box art ONLY, I can deduce that this card can do AT LEAST 20K at Vantage.
Jesus man, this site is full of noobs

/end sarcasm

lutel

Distinguished
Aug 18, 2008
TH had to publish "nvidia boxes news" so nvidia allow to publish benchmarks, which doesn't look as good as boxes.

CptTripps

Distinguished
Oct 25, 2006
[citation][nom]ds1495[/nom]Ok, this is starting to get a little ridiculous. We don't care about the boxes, we care about performance!I don't recall ever seeing endless "stories" about the ATI 5870 boxes pre-launch...So why is this so important?[/citation]

Maybe not that important, but I like knowing that some of these cards are actaully preparing to ship.

brisingamen

Distinguished
Feb 3, 2009
the reviews on the tech power up forum look a bit suspect to me.
the sumaries are all over the place and one link claiming it to be a 5970 is actually a 5870, you can see by the 1gb memory allocation,
last time i checked thier was no such thing as a 1gb 5970.

justjc

Distinguished
Jun 5, 2006
If nothing else the boxes shows a possible reason why the HD 5870 gets beaten in http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vpdPSZB8A8E at a high resolution you'd expect the GTX480s 1536 MB GDDR5 to be able to pull more tessellation data than the one GB on the ATi card. Perhaps Fermi isn't really more powerful, but rather better equipped?

Status
Not open for further replies.