Inno3D's GeForce GTX 480 Boxed for Shipping

Page 4 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.
[citation][nom]lashton[/nom]we wont see benchmarks because nvidia know the card is not as fast as the 5870 so they will wait for all the nvidia fan boys to buy it just to find out its a crap card, this is getting interesting though[/citation]

Actually, most companies with most of there products dont allowed review/hardware sites (like toms) to show benchmarks of unrealsed products till either the day before or day of release. There are rare times sites are allowed to release benchmarks early (like the core i7 980X benches).

to prove my point, look at Ati's HD 5870 bench marks almost 6 months back. you'll find the benches were release same day as the card were even though Ati could of told sites like tom's to release benchmarks to prove that the 5870 could beat the gtx 285 weeks earlier.

So with you saying that, It's like if you're saying for the 5870 before it was release, "we wont see benchmarks because Ati know the card is not as fast as the Gtx 285". Which is not the case.

mayne92

Distinguished
Nov 6, 2009
[citation][nom]steveoh[/nom]Nvidia is just showing you what you'll be living in after you buy their card.[/citation]
+1 LMFAO!!! You made me burst out in laughter and hurt my side...

mayne92

Distinguished
Nov 6, 2009
Is it me or has Nvidia really stepped up their ability to create some hype over their lack-of producing an actual GRAPHICS CARD??? Has it been a year now?

lueszu

Distinguished
Nov 20, 2009
[citation][nom]sykologic[/nom]Monster unleashed upon the world![/citation]

let see the Performance/cost... I dont want a Monster for my pockets...

randomizer

Champion

I would be excited if this was still Nov/Dec 2009.

ryan2258

Distinguished
Nov 9, 2009
@n3ard3ath
your statement about not wanting to pay as much for a video card as u do for a console doesn't take into account that the current gen consoles are utilizing 3 year old graphics technology. The Xbox 360's gpu is comparable to an nvidia gt 8600 (32 shaders processors) the current best single gpu nvidia card, the gtx 285 has 240 shader processors. These new cards' performance are going to be exponentially better than any console. PC's allow you to play the games with greater detail and at much higher resolutions. If consoles make you happy than that's fine but don't knock these amazing new pieces of technology. I am really enjoying my 2 new HD 5870's and to me they were totally worth the cost.

drutort

Distinguished
Aug 30, 2007

HA! maybe they deliberately forgot to put some and then blame it on someone else... and blaming on the anti static plastic gone missing as to why there cards dont work :p

then everyone will have to rma and wait for the "real batch" which will be another 6 months later...

spoofedpacket

Distinguished
Jun 13, 2009
[citation][nom]discopig[/nom]Nvidia is sure trying to hit that hype button as hard as possible... Makes me worried about the final product.[/citation]

So, how is nVidia remotely responsible for this article? I am sure some guy at a distributor took a photo of the last ATI card right before shipping. Did this picture taking concern you about the final product, or is this just thinly veiled FUD?

kelemvor4

Distinguished
Oct 3, 2006

I'm also waiting. If the 480 is as good as the bench released thus far shows, I'll spend the money on a couple. If not; I'll bite the bullet and get some (gasp) 5870's.

hayroe

Distinguished
Mar 14, 2010
All this talk, and you all missed the most exciting part!
There's a "gaming mouse mat inside"!
I'm buying one, just for that!
Yee-Hah!!!

G

Well, it is only one box of cards there. The big pallet contains completely different cardboard boxes!

brendano257

Distinguished
Apr 18, 2008
[citation][nom]kal20mx[/nom]The box looks kinda small compared to the 5970.[/citation]
I guarantee that the Nvidia card will be bigger, they always have been for the top of the line. Like even a GTX260 is 10.5" or maybe 11? I'm not exactly sure though.

Having seen pictures of the Galaxy GTX470 I think you are mistaken about the Nvidia cards being longer than 5970 which is over 12" in length.

G

Sadly, Adobe has made me dependent on Nvidia, especially with the impending release of CS5 and its Mercury video engine, so I'm actually really interested in these cards despite the fact that they're more expensive, yet no better in most applications, than their ATI counterparts.

hundredislandsboy

Distinguished

http://www.tweaktown.com/news/14409/pics_of_reference_gtx_470_pulled_apart/index.html

On these pictures, take a guess at the width and then you can guess on the length. Kind of like analysis of imagery from space except this is an "unknown" card sitting on someone's desk. All hypr, no mystery. Past performance is a good indicator of future behavior that leads me to predict Nvidia will have the GPU crown for several months until ATI raids the castle to take crown and hold it for a longer time in their house. I can't wait to hear the complaints about the opening price!

Tomtompiper

Distinguished
Jan 20, 2010
[citation][nom]Nakamichi[/nom]Well, it is only one box of cards there. The big pallet contains completely different cardboard boxes![/citation]

Well spotted, maybe Charlie isn't such a charlie after all. Do you reckon the picture was designed to mislead?

I'm taking a guess that's about a 10.5" to an 11" card, possibly dual slot.

JaguarOne

Distinguished
Jun 19, 2008
ok the first pair of box photos may had some news value.... but why is tom's posting the third pair of box photos as news? what's the "new" in this? That Inno3D is going to sell an NVidia card?

Status
Not open for further replies.