[SOLVED] Input lag .... PLEASE HELP

Status
Not open for further replies.

xShud

Prominent
Apr 29, 2019
For the past 2 months or so I've had an issue with input lag that is ruining any competitive games I play. It feels like mouse acceleration, but inconsistent and it feels like I'm moving my mouse on ice. I've tried many things to fix this issue with no prevail:
  • Tried moving my PC to a friend's house and using it... same issue occurs there.
  • Literally just received my new mouse (model o) no fix
  • Have tried several mouse pads
  • Vsync, gsync, freesync ALL turned OFF.
  • Ultra low latency mode enabled, every nvidia setting possible set to high/max performance.
  • Have turned ON and OFF "enhance pointer precision" no difference
  • My friend has my same monitor, (HP 25x) he has no issues at all.

Every game I play feels as if I have vsync and mouse acceleration enabled. These issues make it extremely difficult to be accurate in any type of fight in-game, completely ruins the experience.

I have no idea if there's a setting I'm missing that I messed with or something, but this is really getting out of hand and I need a fix. This input lag is not noticeable when moving my cursor on the desktop or anywhere else.
PC specs:
  • RTX 2060
  • 8GB RAM
  • Intel Core i7-4790 CPU 3.60 GHz

If someone experienced in this type of issue could help, it would be very much appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Reactions: MrVIT
Solution
First to fix is mouse driver. Most of the time, If an input is malfunctioning, the driver is the culprit because it's the one responsible for communicating your hardware to your PC.

Also, there's a button on every mouse that accelerates it. Like 3-4 speed variations, make sure it is set on default.

You should also check your control panel and check if everything is set at default speed.

x7007

Distinguished
Jan 19, 2015
are you sure it's not noticeable when using desktop? because my issue is everywhere including desktop. when did you first notice it? old computer had the issue?

madartzgraphics

Reputable
Jun 29, 2019
First to fix is mouse driver. Most of the time, If an input is malfunctioning, the driver is the culprit because it's the one responsible for communicating your hardware to your PC.

Also, there's a button on every mouse that accelerates it. Like 3-4 speed variations, make sure it is set on default.

You should also check your control panel and check if everything is set at default speed.

Solution
Jan 31, 2022
are you sure it's not noticeable when using desktop? because my issue is everywhere including desktop. when did you first notice it? old computer had the issue?
mine too my issue is everywhere bro.in desktop, valorant, GTA V literally everywhere what to do now.i didnt have this problem for 2 years Now for 6 months im having this problem. Input lag makes it impossible to play valorant. vsync is off

Status
Not open for further replies.