[SOLVED] Insane Ping Issues and Network Issues HELP!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jan 11, 2019
Network Issues:

Hi there, i have a PC i built this summer,
Motherboard: ASUS Prime b350 Plus

GPU: Gtx 1060 Ti 6gb Vram

CPU: Ryzen 5 2600

Here is my issue:

I use ethernet right now, and i am having so much trouble with online gaming.
My ping on Fortnite is incredibly high sometimes and i can never get a stable game. My friends on similar internet get stable 20 ping games. My average is 40-50, and it randomly shoots up above 150 all the time. I am on a plan with xfinity of 400mpbs internet, which when i do tests is what i get, even on this PC, which seems to be the only computer experiencing problems. I get 400mpbs on the tests, but my ping is still higher than it predicts. Also, when i shoot up to these 150+ ping spikes, i check my speed test at that second and it struggles to start the test then shows me 0-10 mpbs. However, i do another one and get back up to 400mpbs. Even still it takes a while for my ping to go back down to 50.

I have been experiencing this for months and i need help. I have talked to xfinity service and they say my wifi gateway/modem is green status and they think it is a technical issue.

Any solutions or troubleshoots? it would be greatly appreciated.

PS. i have also done all the "Lower your ping" fortnite videos' steps and none of them helped. I have a fortnite port forwarded as well...

Thanks

Also, i have used 2 best-selling network adapters from amazon and it has been pretty bad...

Solution
You can't compare ping times from speed test to some game the servers are likely in different cities. Choose speedtest servers in different locations and the ping will be different. The actual ping numbers between different locations mean very little they are mostly used to pick the closest server so you get the maximum value on speedtest transfers.

Use a actual ping command and ping your router IP address. If your pc is causing delays you should see the problem to your router. I suspect you will see 1ms numbers with tiny spikes to maybe 3ms or 4ms at the most.

You can also ping 8.8.8.8 which is a google DNS server that has the IP address duplicated in many cities. It generally gives very good ping times. If you see a...

SubaruWRX244

Honorable
May 11, 2017
I would make sure you have the correct motherboard drivers for the ethernet. Go to Asus Wesbsite and click onto your product(Motherboard). Then hit support and download the LAN Driver. I would also try calling Asus. If this doesn't help then I would honestly switch internet providers. Any other games do this?

You can't compare ping times from speed test to some game the servers are likely in different cities. Choose speedtest servers in different locations and the ping will be different. The actual ping numbers between different locations mean very little they are mostly used to pick the closest server so you get the maximum value on speedtest transfers.

Use a actual ping command and ping your router IP address. If your pc is causing delays you should see the problem to your router. I suspect you will see 1ms numbers with tiny spikes to maybe 3ms or 4ms at the most.

You can also ping 8.8.8.8 which is a google DNS server that has the IP address duplicated in many cities. It generally gives very good ping times. If you see a spike here but not to your on your tests to the router the problem is likely with your ISP.

If both these are fine then you start to blame the game. The game could be affecting your PC causing it to have delays or other problems that cause it to tell lies about network problems. It can also be some issue with the game companies server or their ISP.

Solution

AnattaXYZ

Reputable
Dec 24, 2015

no solution but - ME! TOO!!!!!!!!!! .. this shit is CRAZY!!! ..
i use public WiFi(Library) : normal PING about 38 .. sometimes it's okay but sometimes it starts with these jumps over 150 & like that, .. sometimes freezes & can get offset(disconnected) for minutes(5 mins critical for Dota) while WiFi status & troubleshooting may show everything okay, other times shows problem but can't identify;
i play Dota2 with such issues & i think is intentional corruption by the interested.
the interested can be any, .. black govs & anything like that, .. any haters ..

Status
Not open for further replies.