Inspiron 8600 Slowing and Stopping

I have an Inspiron 8600 which I really like, but of late it has begun a
pattern of slowing up or momentarily stopping, especially when typing in
text in emails, etc.

I have done everything possible to resolve the problem to include:

Disk Cleanup
Defrag
Check Norton for Viruses
Used both Ad-Aware and Webroot Spy Catcher
Downloaded the latest driver for the video card
Cleaned out Temp directory, etc.

Is there something I have missed?

On Wed, 02 Mar 2005 19:08:45 GMT, "Larz F. Kremer"
<larz.kremer@verizon.net> wrote:

>I have an Inspiron 8600 which I really like, but of late it has begun a
>pattern of slowing up or momentarily stopping, especially when typing in
>text in emails, etc.
>
>I have done everything possible to resolve the problem to include:
>
>Disk Cleanup
>Defrag
>Check Norton for Viruses
>Used both Ad-Aware and Webroot Spy Catcher
>Downloaded the latest driver for the video card
>Cleaned out Temp directory, etc.
>
>Is there something I have missed?

When I had defrag in background mode on I had a similar problem.

Kevin

Kevin K Fosler wrote:

> On Wed, 02 Mar 2005 19:08:45 GMT, "Larz F. Kremer"
> <larz.kremer@verizon.net> wrote:
>

>>I have an Inspiron 8600 which I really like, but of late it has begun a
>>pattern of slowing up or momentarily stopping, especially when typing in
>>text in emails, etc.
>>
>>I have done everything possible to resolve the problem to include:
>>
>>Disk Cleanup
>>Defrag
>>Check Norton for Viruses
>>Used both Ad-Aware and Webroot Spy Catcher
>>Downloaded the latest driver for the video card
>>Cleaned out Temp directory, etc.
>>
>>Is there something I have missed?
>

> When I had defrag in background mode on I had a similar problem.

My 8600 does this about twice a month (on ave.), lasting less than
10 minutes. No obvious cause, however on earlier computers, as I
recall, it did occur when Norton programs (System Works, Anti-Virus,
etc.) were in background. As a result, I seldom have them in
background when doing serious word processing,

BTW, I wasn't aware of any updated video card driver for the 8600.

walter

Wow, you have a good machine, shouldn't be slowing down. Did you install
anything on it, when ooooooooit started slowing down, hardware, software?

Kevin K Fosler <KevinKFosler@aol.com> wrote in