Inspiron 8600c and 2nd HD

Hello,

A sale representative of Dell France said to me that it is possible to
use the 2nd HD and the CD/DVD writer at the same time.

Is it true ?

Than you

Dominique

Fixer

Distinguished
Jun 2, 2004

Yes if the 2nd HDD is an external usb one I guesse
"Dominique Bejean" <news__no__spam@eolya.fr> wrote in message
> Hello,
>
> A sale representative of Dell France said to me that it is possible to
> use the 2nd HD and the CD/DVD writer at the same time.
>
> Is it true ?
>
> Than you
>
> Dominique

I want an internal 2nd HD and an internal CD/CVD burner

<steve@kelly90.wanadoo.co.uk> wrote:

>Yes if the 2nd HDD is an external usb one I guesse
>"Dominique Bejean" <news__no__spam@eolya.fr> wrote in message
>> Hello,
>>
>> A sale representative of Dell France said to me that it is possible to
>> use the 2nd HD and the CD/DVD writer at the same time.
>>
>> Is it true ?
>>
>> Than you
>>
>> Dominique

That is not possible - there are only two device bays in the system, and the
battery bay is on the bottom of the system, unusable for a drive.

If you want a second hard drive, it has to be external, or you need to
remove the writer to place it.

>I want an internal 2nd HD and an internal CD/CVD burner

Thank you all for this info.