and yet she has never acended, or even seen Vlad's tower. I have played
for 5 years on and off, and my elven wizard is quite irritated. *sigh*
I guess I'll go play nethack.

On 2005-02-19, Irashtar@gmail.com <Irashtar@gmail.com> wrote:
> Irashtar has had more than 300 incarnations. She has been stoned by
> jumping into a trapdoor,

Ok I can see this one..

> drowned by Eels at medusa (after killing medusa, with an entire library
>a t the castle)

Elbereth?

> been blown apart when, after using Cocold to kill everyone inside,

by what?
> steps under the portcullis, and a lich zaps a /ostriking at her.

not a very good idea...

> She has starved to death in Hell, not knowing the #invoke of the eye would
> have saved her.

How on earth do you starve to death in hell? I mean there are things
like dragons and minotaurs and jabberwocks to eat, which should fill you
up quite well- plus you should have all the food you could want to carry
from the castle, and a good chance of having found an =oSD..

> She has studied the scrolls of knowledge, and even found 2 /ow (one she
> found herself naked in minetown, blindly attacking a watchman, the other,

howd you manage that?

> soon after wresting the last wish, met her doom to hunger and a mmf)

you know you can pray for food- right? granted that wishing add 100-150
to your prayer timeout, in BIG trouble you can pray with a 200 prayer timeout
safely- plus you should have like 100 turns at least between being
unhungry and fainting...

--
Andrew D. Hilton
UPenn Phd Student

Andrew D. Hilton wrote:
> you know you can pray for food- right? granted that wishing add
100-150
> to your prayer timeout, in BIG trouble you can pray with a 200 prayer
timeout
> safely- plus you should have like 100 turns at least between being
> unhungry and fainting...

>From makewish() in zap.c:
u.ublesscnt += rn1(100,50); /* the gods take notice */

So wishing adds 50-149 to your prayer timeout. That said, I've had
clvl 1 characters pray too soon when in major trouble and with over
1000 turns since their last prayer. I found that the prayer timeout is
set to rnz(350) after a successful prayer, and this can yield values
between 35 and 3498 for a character clvl 15 or less.

"Andrew D. Hilton" <adhilton@seas.upenn.edu> writes:
> On 2005-02-19, Irashtar@gmail.com <Irashtar@gmail.com> wrote:
> > She has starved to death in Hell, not knowing the #invoke of the eye would
> > have saved her.
>
> How on earth do you starve to death in hell?

Umm. <raises hand>

(I got distracted, ok?)

: >LOOK UP CURRY IN GUIDEBOOK :
: 'CURRY: to consume silently and with regret.' :
: -- Dan Schmidt, "For a Change" :