[SOLVED] Install windows 7 on an ASRock A320M-HDV

Nov 24, 2020
I am trying to install windows 7 on a PC with an ASRock A320M-HDV motherboard. However, nothing at all works. keyboard's of any type of port, mice with also just about every port, and other things. Now, I am dual booting with win7 and win10, and win10 works perfectly. However, win7 as said before, doesn't want to work. With the MSI Smart Tool, i can make the setup actually work, but ONLY the setup. After installation, it restarts, and just like that, all drivers act like they were never there at all. I get stuck on the create user account screen and can't move at all. I currently need to find win7 drivers for this motherboard, and somehow integrate these into win7, or make the installation install them when installing windows. Any help?

AdamG

Distinguished
Dec 21, 2013
I had similar issue years ago using win7 during install, but luckily had PS/2 keyboard laying around to use tab to select things and complete the setup. I don't think its a issue specifically with that motherboard. PS/2 is a legacy port which is probably why its still recognized without additional drivers installed. Not sure about the whole additional driver setup with USB drivers (probably similar to msi smart tool) to get around the issue though.