[SOLVED] Installed New CPU, Network adapter gone.

Jan 4, 2019
Asrock Extreme 9 Motherboard
I installed a New AMD CPU that met all the requirements of the motherboard, and everything booted fine, but in my tray I noticed my internet connection wasn't working, I clicked on it to troubleshoot and got
"Intel 82583v gigabit ethernet controller is experiencing troubles with software or hardware"
I'm on a cord, the cord is fine. I did the windows 10 "Refresh" option after trying recovery and now I'm suck with a driverless windows 10 that has no connection to the internet and no network adapter, it won't even install Intel(R) network adapters saying that the system dosnt have it.

Solution
If you go to the Device Manager, is the Intel network adapter listed under "Network Adapters"? If so, uninstall it and reboot. Hopefully it will reinstall.

Also, when reinstalling the driver, use the one from the Asrock site. Downloading the driver directly from Intel somes gets you the wrong drivers and then they won't install.
If you go to the Device Manager, is the Intel network adapter listed under "Network Adapters"? If so, uninstall it and reboot. Hopefully it will reinstall.

Also, when reinstalling the driver, use the one from the Asrock site. Downloading the driver directly from Intel somes gets you the wrong drivers and then they won't install.

Solution
Jan 4, 2019
@Anotherdrew
The driver does not appear, and Asrock only offers their appstore which requires me to have internet connection to begin with, and the new installation dosnt seme to want to install generic lan drivers to help me further.

Jan 4, 2019
@jsmithepa
When I received the PC, I did not receive a CD with the drivers on them, and I upgraded from windows 7 to windows 10 fresh wherein the drivers installed automatically previously.

Quick Edit:
I found a link under the product listing on their webiste, literally one driver is called "Allin1" So, I'm praying and DL'ing it.

So I had this memory and I had to do a bit of reading to confirm it ... Intel didn't release Windows 10 drivers for a number of their Ethernet adapters. The idea was that you would just use the default drivers in Windows 10. There are some rumors that the Windows 8 drivers will work.

But, if you don't even see the adapter, then that does not help ... check one thing ... is the adapter enabled in BIOS? If so, try disabling it, start windows, go back to BIOS, re-enable it and then start windows again.

Jan 4, 2019
When looking through the BIOS I found the hardware management settings which offered a 3D look at the MOBO's internal components, it state that the Ethernet Adapter was "Disconnected" which I can only assume means that there was a hardware failure in between me unplugging the system, cleaning the system, installnig the CPU and plugging it back in.

I have an Extreme 7 in the closet. I pulled it out and hooked it up again. I get "Disconnected" for the Ethernet Adapter when there is nothing plugged in. Seems too easy, but have you tried unplugging and replugging the Ethernet cable (if there is a bent pin, this can sometimes fix that). Also, there are indicator LEDs on your Ethernet port ... are they lighting up at all?

Jan 4, 2019
Sorry for the delayed response, I went out and bought a $10 Wireless USB and moments later after connecting to the internet it seems that windows 10 downloaded the ethernet drivers that were missing. So now the port works again. I'm not sure exactly what occured, whether there's a problem in the motherboard or what have you. But it's working now.