[SOLVED] Installed Windows 10 to new ssd, can boot only in boot manager.

buggo

Prominent
Jun 24, 2021
Got a new nvme m.2 ssd and decided to put the os in that instead of my old and slow ssd sata.
Installed a new version of windows flawlessly, and after rebooting to the ssd i get a "Reboot and Select proper Boot device or Insert Boot Media in selected Boot device and press a key " error. The only way that i can use to boot into the new system is by using windows boot manager. Any solution to a proper disk boot?

Solution
nvm i just solved :D
As i said if i start the system from bootloader i get the choose the windows version thing which makes the booting slower. I figured out that you can disable it in advanced options of the system and now it just loads as if i had the new drive as boot drive for windows. Thanks everyone for the replies.
If you installed Windows while the old SSD was installed, it may have written an entry in the old SSD's bootloader and the old Windows install simply has priority.

If you installed with only the new SSD, then you may need to create a new bootloader from the command line. Or just delete everything and reinstall.

buggo

Prominent
Jun 24, 2021
If you installed Windows while the old SSD was installed, it may have written an entry in the old SSD's bootloader and the old Windows install simply has priority.

If you installed with only the new SSD, then you may need to create a new bootloader from the command line. Or just delete everything and reinstall.
Yes, i actually have done that; i didn't want to open again my pc after working on it for the entire morning lmao.
So is there a way to give priority to the new drive?

You have to run easybcd from windows
got to the tab BCD Deployment
choose the nvme and install bcd also write MBR just in case
now go to file, select bcd store, and load the bcd store from the nvme you just created.
It should already have a default option to boot the OS from the drive it boots from but you can go to add new entry and enter the nvme as a choice just to make sure.

Disconnecting all other drives and doing a clean install is much safer since there is no chance of screwing up and making the sata ssd non bootable by mistake.

buggo

Prominent
Jun 24, 2021
nvm i just solved :D
As i said if i start the system from bootloader i get the choose the windows version thing which makes the booting slower. I figured out that you can disable it in advanced options of the system and now it just loads as if i had the new drive as boot drive for windows. Thanks everyone for the replies.

Solution