Question Installing a sensory panel display on to the case ?

Jun 1, 2024
Hello, everyone! I have some space on my pc case which I can’t use for an additional fan or anything. So I saw a couple of custom builds, where folks mount 5” or 7” displays and monitor sensors from there. I thought it would be a very cool and handy addition to my otherwise boring case. Could you provide some suggestions, especially in terms of connecting everything? I know you’ll have to use HDMI to get the picture out as well as connect it to the psu.
However, I saw some builds where the screen was connected to the motherboard instead of using a back HDMI port. Maybe someone knows where to connect it right?

Jun 1, 2024
37-C194-F9-D274-471-D-AC34-BA476190-F0-DA.jpg

Something along those lines, I have roughly calculated and 5” display should fit with ease over here.

acadia11

Distinguished
Jan 31, 2010
Hello, everyone! I have some space on my pc case which I can’t use for an additional fan or anything. So I saw a couple of custom builds, where folks mount 5” or 7” displays and monitor sensors from there. I thought it would be a very cool and handy addition to my otherwise boring case. Could you provide some suggestions, especially in terms of connecting everything? I know you’ll have to use HDMI to get the picture out as well as connect it to the psu.
However, I saw some builds where the screen was connected to the motherboard instead of using a back HDMI port. Maybe someone knows where to connect it right?
I was thinking of the same on this one. But here is the caveat can the motherboard sensors be read directly while running a different OS. Basically, I have a panel but I want to run the second panel as it’s own little ecosystem which is reading the motherboard sensors but the motherboard is booted and has primary OS loaded and running. Not sure how this can be done.

OldSurferDude

Honorable
May 18, 2019
I don't believe that your little ecosystem OS could read the sensors directly, the primary OS would have to be an intermediary.

Sometimes these sensors are on an I2C bus. It may be possible to attach to that. You'd need to get the schematic for the motherboard, and probably BIOS code to see if a second I2C master could be attached to the bus. And then you'd have to discover the protocol that is used to read the sensors.

I like the concept and maybe you can do it. It will take a lot of research and you risk bricking your motherboard.