[SOLVED] Installing Windows 10 on an external SSD to be used elsewhere

Sanders22

Distinguished
Jan 1, 2014
I have 30 SSD's that I plan on installing into computers throughout a school building. We use a Windows 10 image on our network to image every computer that is plugged into out network.
I am trying to image the SSDs' before taking them to the school to install so it saves time while in the school.

I am using an external SSD reader on my laptop to try and put the image on the ssd. Is this possible?

How do I go about this without affecting my current Windows 10 on my laptop?

Thanks for any suggestions.

Solution
I have 30 SSD's that I plan on installing into computers throughout a school building. We use a Windows 10 image on our network to image every computer that is plugged into out network.
I am trying to image the SSDs' before taking them to the school to install so it saves time while in the school.

I am using an external SSD reader on my laptop to try and put the image on the ssd. Is this possible?

Sysprep
https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/wi...alize--a-windows-installation?view=windows-10

Or, just make a Win 10 to install with, and suffer the one time pain of the 30...

USAFRet

Titan

Sysprep
https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/wi...alize--a-windows-installation?view=windows-10

Or, just make a Win 10 to install with, and suffer the one time pain of the 30 installs.

Solution