Question "Integer Scaling" missing in Nvidia Control Panel ?

ohm-ish

Distinguished
Jan 11, 2016
Hi
I have an RTX 4070 gfx card.
A few days ago I saw "integer scaling" option in NVDIA Control Panel.
Then I replaced my 1440p monitor with a 4K one (Cooler Master Tempest GP27U)
Now "integer scaling" is missing as an option..
Hmm. Does anyone know why, or how I can enable it?

ugqitqN.png

Last edited:

ohm-ish

Distinguished
Jan 11, 2016
This might be a worthwhile read.
Thanks
All I could find related in bios was this:

Graphics Configuration > Primary Display
Auto / CPU Graphics / PEG Slot (PCIE?)

It was on Auto, and now I set it to PEG/PCIE
And below that "IGPU multi" was and is disabled

But this didn't help bring up an option for "integer scaling" in nvidia control panel

Last edited:

Mr Rotch

Distinguished
Mar 11, 2017
Did you find a fix? I just got the Gigabyte Aorus FO32U2 and I'm experiencing the same thing: Integer Scaling is missing. I previously had the LG 32GQ950 and Integer Scaling would only work at 144Hz instead of the monitor's OC 160Hz, which was fine with me.

However, it doesn't seem like changing the Refresh Rate or Display Colors enables the integer scaling option for me.

Mr Rotch

Distinguished
Mar 11, 2017
I also had a reply on the Nvidia forums that says that Integer Scaling isn't available with DSC enabled either (Display Screen Compression). Unfortunately, it doesn't look like there's an option to disable DSC on my FO32U2 :(

Reactions: 35below0

35below0

Commendable
Jan 3, 2024
I also had a reply on the Nvidia forums that says that Integer Scaling isn't available with DSC enabled either (Display Screen Compression). Unfortunately, it doesn't look like there's an option to disable DSC on my FO32U2 :(
I had no idea there was a trade-off to DSC or other similar monitor technologies. I kinda thought more is more. I know there are a few exclusive settings, but i'm pretty surprised that DSC would disable Integer Scaling in the nvidia panel.
At least the mystery is solved and we understand why it's not showing.

I have Integer available as an option but don't really like to use it. For one, it's a little bit annoying to switch between Integer scaling and Aspect ratio. This is neccessarry because Integer doesn't always look good, which is the other reason i don't like it.

You could try No Scaling... That's an option. Not a great option but you can try it out.