Discussion INTEL 10th GEN Desktop CPU Family Specifications & final Prices have been leaked.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello everyone,

OK. It looks like the final specifications & prices of Intel's upcoming 10th Generation Comet Lake-S Desktop CPU family have leaked out by HD-Tecnologia , via Videocardz .

The information confirms the details that we already knew but the most important thing covered in this leak is the prices that show that Intel has definitely given its Core lineup a major overhaul in terms of price/positioning to tackle AMD's Ryzen 3000 processors.

Intel Core i9-10900K - 10 Cores, Up To 5.3 GHz Single-Core, 4.9 GHz All-Core at $488 US

Intel Core i7-10700K - 8 Cores, Up To 5.1 GHz Single-Core, 4.7 GHz All-Core at $374 US

Intel Core i5-10600K - 6 Cores, Up To 4.8 GHz Single-Core, 4.5 GHz All-Core at $262 US

The Intel Core i3 lineup is also worth pointing out as it is made up of 3 SKUs which seem to be part of the initial launch family. The Core i3-10320 would be leading with 4 cores, 8 threads at 65W. 8MB of cache, clocks of up to 4.6 GHz with a single-core, and 4.4 GHz on all-cores sound decent enough for what is supposed to be a budget chip retailing under $150US.

It looks like the picture of the packaging and BOX of these CPUs has also be leaked.

https://www.hd-tecnologia.com/intel...jeucTCt0MhtgGqzcD6dI5C-KrryiYiHuEE3_vV_YegQL8

The rest of the lineup is made up of the 65W SKUs which come in Core i9, Core i7, Core i5, and Core i3 flavors. Having a 65W Core i9-10900 with 10 cores and 20 threads which still boosts up to 4.5GHz across all cores and 4.6 GHz if you include the Thermal Velocity boost is pretty good plus 5.2 GHz on a single-core doesn't sound that bad at all, considering this is a 65W chip (at its base frequency).

Image courtesy of Videocardz.

WfprAdi.png

QCcdafg.png

Last edited:

Phaaze88

Titan
Ambassador
*Yawn
10th gen in a nutshell:
-More speed
-More cores
-More expensive overall: Sorry, but if the 9900K is anything to go by, you won't be able to run those 10 core models on no cheap-xxx motherboard...
-More power
-More heat: buh-bye air cooling!

Well, look at that, you get more of everything! What's not to like?!
Due of how Intel does it TDP ratings, all the unlocked cpus should have '???' for theirs, because it will be determined by the user anyway!

Ryzen's looking all the more attractive as time goes on...

Karadjgne

Titan
Ambassador
10700k has basically the same stats as a 9900k. The 10700k is $349, the 9900k is $524. If the motherboards are even close to equitable, ppl are going to be upset at spending $200 more for the same thing. I see 9th gen sales taking a massive hit. I think they should not have slashed 10th Gen prices so much, but instead started lowering 9th Gen more towards Ryzen pricing

Last edited:

Karadjgne

Titan
Ambassador
If you stuck the 9900k at $400, it'd be basically in direct competition with the $370 3700x. Given that choice, more would buy the Intel than currently. And you could still charge $500 for the 10700k and ppl will buy it.

There's a ton of vendors like Amazon, Dell, Microcenter etc that are under contract for a specific number of 9th gen cpus and motherboards who are fixing to take a bath when they have to put a serious dent in profits or even take a loss just to get rid of 9th gen stock. If those msrp prices stick even close, everyone except Intel and the consumer is gonna see pain.

With what covid has done to the economy at present, hurting businesses is the last thing anyone needs to do.

Reactions: RodroX
mmm probably thanks to AMD, those seems to be very decent prices for the amount of cores/threads those CPU have (putting aside the new platform, and the extra power and cooling need it to use them).

I wonder, Will intel really be selling a a brand new high end Core i9 with 10 cores/20 thread for only between $422~$489, something doesn't feel right.... doesn't feel like intel lol.

I guess time will tell, should be only a few more weeks for the launch (unless something else happend again).

And yeah is very, very nice to see HT enable on the Core i5 line up.

Reactions: Metal Messiah.

MasterMadBones

Distinguished
I wouldn't say that. The 10900K is supposed to compete with the 3900X at that price point. Currently anything that can use 10 cores effectively, can do the same with 12 so the 3900X will always win there. This is really only attractive to those that would've bought a 9900K otherwise because they want "the ultimate gaming experience".

I just want to see now if the Intel Core i9-10900K comes out will my stores over here start lowering the prices because our i9 9900k is like 500 pounds and this cpu that listed in dollars in uk pounds is £392.45 so if i9 9900k stays the same price people will only end up getting the 10 gen one due to fact has more cores and threads and speed and its cheaper! I have the i9 9900k but yes do want to play games on good cpu but think 8 cores and 5ghz is enough for me!. But if the Intel Core i9-10900K dose become cheaper i be so tempted just wondering how much motherboards are going to be!

I'm sure the jump from 5 GHz all core to 5.1 GHz all core could lead to perhaps a 1 or 2 FPS jump at 1080P, easily well worth the $550 for a CPU and $250 for a new mainboard....; with any luck, pre-orders should start soon! :)

Yeah not worth it to me playing on 4k 144hz monitor so dont think going to benfit from extra fps because my games now is running smooth with no lag and very colourful.

Karadjgne

Titan
Ambassador
Ahh, but what we don't know is IPC. Clock speeds aside, and games for that matter, many ppl are using the 9900k purely for its rendering abilities, fold@home, Adobe CC etc. If the 10 series can bump up even the usual 5ish%, combined with higher core counts, that equates to time savings which for many = $.

Intel doesn't typically just list all of these frequencies for each boost state. Odd that they are included. Also jumping from dual cores to hyperthreaded quad cores seems odd. You would think they would have some sort of 4c/4t CPU in the lineup.

Even if all of this is 100% correct, Intel will still get slaughtered at the low end.

Celerons:
Any of the 2c/2t Celerons will get beat by the $50-55ish Athlong 3000g with 2c/4t, higher clocks, and better IGPU. Not to mention the 3000g can be overclocked to around 3.9-4ghz on the stock cooler.

Pentiums:
An $86 Pentium G6600 with a whopping 2c/4t will get obliterated by an $85 6c/12t Ryzen 5 1600af which can use $55 A320 boards or even be overclocked in $70 B450s. The TDP seems low for that clock speed, but I'm not complaining about a 4.2ghz Pentium.

i3:
The entire i3 lineup makes no sense. They are quad cores with slightly higher clocks that are priced roughly around the price as the existing 6 core Core i5 9400f.

According to PCPP, the 9400f is usually around $150 (lower than the 10320 i3) but has been on sale in the past month at $120 from best buy (lower than the i3 10100).

There is no way the new i3s will beat a 9400f in many tests, even though the cost is similar. Oh and also the price isn't far behind an r5 3600 and that will for sure beat them.

Mid-range may not make much sense either:

i5:
Don't make a lot of sense. I would expect performance to be similar to a mildly overclocked i7 8700k.
Since a $175 r5 3600 performs like a stock 8700k, the i5 lineup will perform a few percent higher than a 3600 for a similar price or a fair bit more for an unlocked model. Nothing impressive to me.

High end:

The i7s and i9s seem like they will be a good performance for a fair price. Power consumption and heat output seem very scary to me.

Here is a blender test of a 5.1ghz overclocked i9 9900k in blender drawing 261 WATTS!
View: https://youtu.be/aVLuKqfyVyw?t=711

Adding 2 more cores even with a small clock speed reduction is going to be very bad. I'm guessing there will be minor updates to the architecture/architecture maturity and that coupled with the slightly lower clock speed that will negate the 2 more cores of the 10900k. Maybe similar 250+ w power consumption.

The 9900ks has lower power draw but lower clock speeds and much higher binning, something i doubt we will see with the 10900k.

Also, why the horrible naming? 10900k vs 10900xe. Both are 10 core parts and i could see someone getting confused between the 2.

Status
Not open for further replies.