Feb 13, 2024
Calling all Intel/ASUS experts!

Long story short.
I am experiencing micro stutter. I want to increase my 1% lows to resolve this.
I am having a hard time finding proper terminology for ASUS motherboard voltages. I only recently learned that 12th gen and 13th gen supposedly dont have a VCCIO voltage? So much new stuff to learn coming from AMD.
I also am having a hard time finding DDR4 voltage recommendations for overclocking RAM for a 13th Gen Z790 ASUS TUF PLUS WIFI D4 board....
I have been pulling my hair out for weeks trying to fix this stutter issue. I have narrowed it down to ram and upgraded ram, but now I don't know how to properly get a safe overclock for it. I know my stutter is related to my 1% lows because they are bad from my benchmarks. Now I am just looking for one or more lovely individuals to help me figure out what specific voltages I need to tinker on this ASUS Intel board to get it to be stable and not fry the memory controller.
Here is RAM code

F4-4000C18D-32GTRS​

I downclocked to 3800mhz so I could tighten timings to 17 20 20 38. Though I feel there is potential for a better tRFC and tREF I just left them as auto in BIOS since I didnt want to mess with them before figuring out voltages. Intel XMP 4000mhz 18 22 22 42 was unstable and slow. It is SK HYNIX die so I know I wont be able to get something like 16 16 16 36 or anything, but I know that I should be able to achieve the clock and timings I set with proper voltage as its not too crazy of an OC. tRFC and tREF recommendations are also welcome.

More info in document. If any of the pictures in the document are hard to read I will reupload into this post. I appreciate you my potential Intel/Asus expert. You are my last hope.

https://docs.google.com/document/d/16oKsmjVkB98EDPY1qfksI8GKbmKs1EqRublkDScMOqQ/edit?usp=sharing

Feb 13, 2024
BIOS up to date?

run userbenchmark.com and post the link of the result please
Bios 1611 most upto date.
I have returned the RAM to its XMP mode as slow as it is because I didn't want to mess with voltages and fry something without knowing enough of the terminology.
All chipset drivers and as such along with gpu drivers are upto date.
Also userbenchmark is bogged down. When it allows me to I can run it.

Unless you're running gear 2 (Asus calls this Memory Controller : DRAM Frequency Ratio I believe and it should be 1:1) mode even average timings shouldn't cause 1% low issues. It's not impossible that it could be DRAM related it just doesn't seem particularly likely. I suppose you could try some other DDR4 if you happen to have it even if it is slower just to check.

As you can see here the lows and average scale equally versus DDR5 here when DDR4 happens to be slower: https://www.techspot.com/review/2777-ddr5-vs-ddr4-gaming/