Intel Confirms 'Larrabee' First Half 2010; No Delay

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

rdawise

Distinguished
Apr 18, 2008
edit number 2:
Further more, it's inappropriate no in appropriate.
should be
Further more, it's inappropriate not in appropriate

Where is my edit button...

Tindytim

Distinguished
Sep 16, 2008
[citation][nom]rdawise[/nom]How is it inappropriate for white males to plan for advancement in society?[/citation]
If you're a white male, start an organization only for other white males about how you're going to advance your station in society. See how people react.

[citation][nom]rdawise[/nom]Do you understand what the NAACP is or do you just know that minorities are invovled.[/citation]
Perhaps I misunderstood National Association for the Advancement of Colored People. The image awards piss me off the most, just a bunch of actors that perpetuate racial stereotypes, whoopy...

matt_b

Distinguished
Jan 8, 2009
[citation][nom]rdawise[/nom]+1 for the Evil list.Explain how the NAACP is evil?[/citation]
It is an outdated organization that no longer serves a purpose. I have a problem with it because it places reverse discrimination on everyone else but blacks in order to bring about equality and fair opportunities. Does that make sense? Absolutely not.

Proof is this. My mother works for a law firm that represents Wal-Mart. They were recently flagged for violation of the "fair opportunities" for representation. The fix...........they had to fire two white lawyers and hire a black to make the ratio correct if they further wanted to represent them. That's not fairness and equality for all - reverse discrimination and you can thank NAACP for it - evil!

Fairness and equality is hiring the right/best person for the job, regardless of color, appearance, disability, race, religion, and so on!

Also agree on GOP = evil, change that to politicians. These people are professional liars. If you are a dem/liberal or repub/conservative, don't sop up everything that comes out of your parties' mouth and believe every word - you'd be a fool to do so.

rdawise

Distinguished
Apr 18, 2008
Again, since you are side stepping my question, do you understand what the NAACP is, not the acronym it stands for.

Man I could have fun going back and forth with you but hey this is supposed about the Intel Larrabee. So let offically get back to subject.

Kyle B

Distinguished
Oct 12, 2008
Monsanto, GOP, Intel, Microsoft, Sony, Fox News, BoA..... wow, according to that list, I'm a pretty evil person...

IronRyan21

Distinguished
Oct 14, 2008
[citation][nom]The Schnoz[/nom]This shit is totally biased. Try to generalize. Replace GOP with All Politicians, replace Fox News with all biased media, replace Comcast with Time Warner, remove Microsoft, replace Halliburton with War Profiteers, replace Scientology with all organized religion, Sony should be higher on the list, NRA should be removed too.[/citation]

Conspiracy any1?

rdawise

Distinguished
Apr 18, 2008
Just when I think I am out they pull me back in...

[citation][nom]Matt_B[/nom]It is an outdated organization that no longer serves a purpose. I have a problem with it because it places reverse discrimination on everyone else but blacks in order to bring about equality and fair opportunities. Does that make sense? Absolutely not.Proof is this. My mother works for a law firm that represents Wal-Mart. They were recently flagged for violation of the "fair opportunities" for representation. The fix...........they had to fire two white lawyers and hire a black to make the ratio correct if they further wanted to represent them. That's not fairness and equality for all - reverse discrimination and you can thank NAACP for it - evil! Fairness and equality is hiring the right/best person for the job, regardless of color, appearance, disability, race, religion, and so on![/citation]

First of all the NAACP is not for blacks only, but all minorities so won't place reverse discrimination on all but blacks. Who flagged them for their ratio? Was it the NAACP or Wal-Mart? I am assuming Wal-Mart so wouldn't that make Wal-Mart evil? I agree with you that fairness and equality is hiring the right/best person for the job regardless of color, appearance, disability, race, religion, and so on!

[citation][nom]Tindytim[/nom]If you're a white male, start an organization only for other white males about how you're going to advance your station in society. See how people react.
Perhaps I misunderstood National Association for the Advancement of Colored People. The image awards piss me off the most, just a bunch of actors that perpetuate racial stereotypes, whoopy...[/citation]

Man if the Image awards make you sick, then don't watch it. Unless you are being forced to, shouldn't be too much of a problem. Actors that perpetuate a stereotype? Oh you mean actors who play roles in movies? Shame on them for that, I mean actors playing roles what will they think of next....

battery

Distinguished
Dec 27, 2008
oh hey i've got an idea! lets comment on the article! Personally I look forward to screwing around with raytracing. Will the larrabee support OpenCl?

Tindytim

Distinguished
Sep 16, 2008
[citation][nom]rdawise[/nom]Man if the Image awards make you sick, then don't watch it. Unless you are being forced to, shouldn't be too much of a problem.[/citation]
You obviously don't have a "proud" black family.

[citation][nom]rdawise[/nom]Actors that perpetuate a stereotype? Oh you mean actors who play roles in movies? Shame on them for that, I mean actors playing roles what will they think of next....[/citation]
You might misunderstand what I'm saying. I have no issue with movies like New jack City (or any movie with Wesley Snipes in it). The movies that really bother me are the Black guy meets White guy comedies where the whole concept of the movie is to fit two groups in to stereotypes. It's rather difficult to find movies with black character I can identify with in this day and age.

rdawise

Distinguished
Apr 18, 2008
[citation][nom]IronRyan21[/nom]Will Larabee coming out as a Discrete Graphics Card? or just another IntelIntergrated graphics chip?[/citation]

For Xbit labs and other sites, it seems to be discrete.

anamaniac

Distinguished
Jan 7, 2009
[citation][nom]dman3k[/nom]Evil ranking of organizations and groups in America:pURE EVIL = ApplePURE EVIL = ScientologyPURE EVIL = MonsantoSIGNIFICANTLY EVIL = IntelSIGNIFICANTLY EVIL = GOPSIGNIFICANTLY EVIL = Philip MorrisPATHETIC AND EVIL = HalliburtonPATHETIC AND EVIL = Fox NewsPATHETIC AND EVIL = ComcastEVIL = MicrosoftEVIL = AT&TEVIL = Bank of AmericaALMOST EVIL = SonyALMOST EVIL = NCAA ALMOST EVIL = NRA[/citation]

You deserve a cookie.

[citation][nom]IronRyan21[/nom]Will Larabee coming out as a Discrete Graphics Card? or just another IntelIntergrated graphics chip?[/citation]

Very good question.

It should be able to play crysis... I played crysis (at 640x480 res and min setting DX9) on my Nvidia 7500LE... so it damned well better be able to do it...

rambo117

Distinguished
Jun 25, 2008
[citation][nom]dman3k[/nom]Evil ranking of organizations and groups in America:pURE EVIL = ApplePURE EVIL = ScientologyPURE EVIL = MonsantoSIGNIFICANTLY EVIL = IntelSIGNIFICANTLY EVIL = GOPSIGNIFICANTLY EVIL = Philip MorrisPATHETIC AND EVIL = HalliburtonPATHETIC AND EVIL = Fox NewsPATHETIC AND EVIL = ComcastEVIL = MicrosoftEVIL = AT&TEVIL = Bank of AmericaALMOST EVIL = SonyALMOST EVIL = NCAA ALMOST EVIL = NRA[/citation]
damn, too bad i use alot of those.. guess im uber evil then >: )

zerapio

Distinguished
Nov 4, 2002
[citation][nom]cruiseoveride[/nom]But unlike modern GPUs that have the commands stored on the chip, the lazybee will need a library to translate regular x86 into DirectX/OpenGL commands. Mad overhead if you ask me.[/citation]
What do you mean by commands stored on the chip? The command buffer? The instruction set?
Larrabee, like ALL other graphics chips, have the driver convert OGL/D3D/OCL/Whatever_API commands into the native ISA that the chip can understand. In the case of Larrabee this is a superset of the x86 ISA with support for vector operations. In the case of NVIDIA it's something else. Why you chose to call LRB lazy just baffles me.

[citation][nom]IronRyan21[/nom]Will Larabee coming out as a Discrete Graphics Card?[/citation]
Yes, it's a discrete card.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Larrabee_(GPU)

G

Hellwig wrote: "....GPU is (anyone actual CHOOSE to purchase an Intel GPU over an NVIDIA or ATI when going on-board?)." YES. Actually I did bought Dell E6400 with X4500HD - and it is cool as hell :D laptop. I wouldn't buy it with NVS nor with any ATI chip. Aero runs well but mostly I'm on XP so it doesn't matter that much.

solymnar

Distinguished
Jun 26, 2006
[citation][nom] replace Scientology with all organized religion[/citation]

Trust me. Scientology is a whole different level of evil vs. pretty much any other religion. Most religions at least in some manner try to tell people to be nice. Scientology teaches you to be an @sshat and like it.

They have some seriously scary dealings behind the scenes. Do a little research sometime and you'll be suprised. Out of all modern religions and all that they imply. This one out ranks others in evil imo.

landerx

Distinguished
May 16, 2009
It makes a lot of sense. With this, will be able to use your GPU procesor as a regular x86 processor when not playing games (video, office, etc). At this time, just CUDA/OpenCL enabled software can do it.
Good for Intel!!!

landerx

Distinguished
May 16, 2009
It makes a lot of sense. With this, will be able to use your GPU procesor as a regular x86 processor when not playing games (video, office, etc). At this time, just CUDA/OpenCL enabled software can do it.
Good for Intel!!!

G

Democrats are evil. They advertise tolerance and diversity, whilst simultaneously attacking anyone whose views differ from their own. The very definition of hypocrisy. It's disgusting.

matt87_50

Distinguished
Mar 23, 2009
larrabee has an integrated texture hardware unit, which i believe is there because they plan to support/compete in the directx/opengl gaming market.

Status
Not open for further replies.