Intel Confirms 'Larrabee' First Half 2010; No Delay

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.
G

@sonofliberty: LMAO, good call. I could see that some of those benchmark suite companies could've been started by Intel, with operational funds coming from secret Swiss bank accounts, etc...

Regardless, I'm skeptical of their performance claims anyways, they claimed something like a teraflop for 20 cores @ 2.5ghz, which seems a bit high. That would mean each tiny little minimal size core with almost no cache is capable of 50Gflops. A Core i7 with it's 1 billion-trillion transistors gets like 80Gflops or so?

coolkev99

Distinguished
Jun 2, 2008
Larrabee: can't wait for release!

Evil list: way off topic, and disagree with most of it. Just because something doesn't go along with your world view does not ness. make it evil.

G

@spathi: 32cores @ 2.0 ghz would still indicate an unrealistically high number of Gflops per core.

Coolkev: Just because some people like something doesn't mean that it's not evil. The 1-2-3 punch of Republicans, Monsanto, and FOX circa 2000-2008 are all evil. In the year 2009, ignorance to these evils is no longer a valid excuse, there's a moral obligation to have figured out that they are all scum by now...

G

No worries,. With intels marketing arm and monopolistic practices.. I'm sure it will do fine ;-)

Status
Not open for further replies.