Intel Core i3 530 Appears in Online Store Listing

Status
Not open for further replies.

sstym

Distinguished
Feb 16, 2009
[citation][nom]Pei-chen[/nom]The price got to be incorrect. Who would price their product at $152.19? It doesn't have the usual .99 in America or .00 in East Asia.[/citation]

First reason: it's a tentative price, not the definitive entry price.
Second reason: unlike some of their american or asian (or european for that matter) counterparts, they might not consider insulting their customers by trying to convince them that 149.99 is really different from 150.

bliq

Distinguished
microcenter has some sweetheart pricing on Intel chips apparently because they work with Intel so closely. They have chips cheaper than almost anywhere else. The sales guy told me MC is always an Intel Launch Partner, whatever that means. Lucky for me, there's an MC 10m from my office here in Silicon Valley.

JeanLuc

Distinguished
Oct 21, 2002
[citation][nom]masterasia[/nom]Price should be lower. Maybe $120 max. Microcenter is selling the i5 750 for $149.[/citation]

This chip may not be a quad core but it has other features which give it added value.

- onboard GPU
- 32nm for lower power, heat and better overclocking (compared to Core i5/LGA1156 45nm)
- Hyperthreading (which you don't get with Core i5)

It's also brand new so expect it to carry a small premium for while.
-

skykaptain

Distinguished
May 20, 2009
[citation][nom]Pei-chen[/nom]The price got to be incorrect. Who would price their product at $152.19? It doesn't have the usual .99 in America or .00 in East Asia.[/citation]

Did you read the article?

[citation]The cash or debit price is listed at $152.19 CAD, which works to around $144 USD.[/citation]

CAD is Canadian Dollar and USD is US Dollar. Exchange rates and attention to detail are important.

notty22

Distinguished
These things will probably hit 4500 mhz easily, the heat that cascades with the quads just does not happen with the dual cores. This head to head with AMD's new 555. Whooped em again Jose Wails !

invlem

Distinguished
Jan 11, 2008
[citation][nom]idisarmu[/nom]I think the USD price will be less than $144. It seems that for most things Canadian prices are the USD*exchange rate + 5-10%[/citation]

No kidding, most products are easily 10% more after exchange in Canada. Unless you go into the car market, then its closer to 25-40% more after exchange.

[citation][nom]bliq[/nom]microcenter has some sweetheart pricing on Intel chips apparently because they work with Intel so closely. They have chips cheaper than almost anywhere else. The sales guy told me MC is always an Intel Launch Partner, whatever that means. Lucky for me, there's an MC 10m from my office here in Silicon Valley.[/citation]
Yup. Got my i7 920 for just $200.

jay236

Distinguished
Sep 26, 2008
Yeah Canadian prices are insanely inflated compared to the American prices :(.

Try $320 CND ish for a D0 i7 920 =\. I had to get my i7 920 through Intel to get a price similar to the Microcenter price.

bliq

Distinguished
[citation][nom]Shadow703793[/nom]Yup. Got my i7 920 for just $200.[/citation]
Got me a I7 860 for just $220 at launch. They were ~$285 everywhere else...

bliq

Distinguished
[citation][nom]christop[/nom]Is 920 the best cpu for the money now?[/citation]
when I was doing my research, the answer is it depends. 1366/X58 is generally still a bit more expensive than 1156/P55. i7 860 clocks to 3.2 when using only one core, i7 920 clocks to something lower (2.93?). Apparently multi GPU setups benefit from X58 but single GPUs seem to be faster on P55. This is all conjecture though- it really depends on what you're going to do with it.

Pei-chen

Distinguished
Jul 3, 2007
[citation][nom]skykaptain[/nom]Did you read the article?[citation]The cash or debit price is listed at $152.19 CAD, which works to around $144 USD.[/citation]CAD is Canadian Dollar and USD is US Dollar. Exchange rates and attention to detail are important.[/citation]
I was referring to the Canadian price. In case you missed my point, I was pointing out the unusual cents in the Canadian pricing: 152.19, 156.75. Everything in the US is priced at xx.99 while East Asian prices usually end xx.00.

acecombat

Distinguished
Apr 2, 2009
[citation][nom]Toms[/nom]This is an unauthorized use of A-Power's logo and intellectual properties. Please remove them at your earliest convenience. We reserve the rights to take legal action if it is not removed by 9PM EST today December 9, 2009. Thank you.
[/citation]
Does this mean were going to be sitting through a flamewar between companies, reminiscent of the Toms Vs MacPadd?

G

+1 Tom's. don't pull the screenshot, stick to your guns and keep it up! their mistake, not yours

Status
Not open for further replies.