Question Intel Core i7-12700 + Intel UHD 770 iGPU for gaming ?

Jul 21, 2022
hi guys,

I have a gaming pc without a dedicated GPU, just using Intel UHD 770 iGPU and config I put below .
My question is can I use this config for software like Adobe Premiere Pro, Photoshop, Davinchi Resolver, and also some gaming like GTA V ???
Would it have a bad impact on my CPU or my motherboard ?? Is their temperature getting so hot ???

Last edited:
Your cpu is quite good, but the an igpu will never be as fast as a dgpu.

As for gaming, most esports games will run fine, and heavier games like gta v or modern AAA games will be playable if you turn down the resolution and eye candy quite a bit, but not on 1080p high.
As for productivity like premiere, most things will actually run quite well. You can use intel quicksync to accelerate some gpu accelerated tasks, but there are still things that will perform worse when you have no dgpu, like encoding I believe.

You have a "gaming pc"??
Sounds like marketing fluff of a pre built pc to me.
I would characterize a "gaming pc" as one with at least a discrete graphics card.

That said, you have the the means in place to try those games and apps and see how you do.
They will run. Perhaps better than you think for cpu centric games.
Not so much for fast action games.
One can always make some trade off between video specs/resolution.

As to the batch apps, go to puget systems.
They sell pc's for those apps and have several articles on recommended hardware.
Here is one example for Photoshop:
https://www.pugetsystems.com/recomm...-Adobe-Photoshop-139/Hardware-Recommendations

Last edited:

KyaraM

Admirable
Yeah, no, that's not really a gaming PC. If I were you, I would see if I could grab at least a GTX 1650. A 1050Ti would work, too but might not be as available, or a 1630. That would be my minimum for an entry-level gaming PC. Intel iGPUs have never been good and often got crappy drivers. A dedicated GPU, even if it's entry-level, will be a tremendous difference.

Zerk2012

Titan
Ambassador
hi guys,

I have a gaming pc without a dedicated GPU, just using Intel UHD 770 iGPU and config which I put below .
My question is can I use this config for software like Adobe Premiere Pro, Photoshop, Davinchi Resolver, and also some gaming like GTA V ???
Would it have a bad impact on my CPU or my motherboard ?? Is their temperature getting so hot ???
I think all of these are at 720p with low settings. Buy a video card.

View: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=b2VEK7I9vC8

Reactions: meronyx
Jul 21, 2022
Thank you all, that was helpful.
really I am not a Gamer! I built this PC for my "network virtualization labaratory" since virtualization doesn't need a dedicated GPU so I put my money on the CPU and other parts like RAM and SSD and that really works well.

I also have a laptop with a dedicated GPU but it gets hot and uncomfortable while working with it especially with adobe premiere pro!!! so I just wanted to know if I could use some gaming in my spare time and editing my content creation stuff with this PC.

Yeah, no, that's not really a gaming PC. If I were you, I would see if I could grab at least a GTX 1650. A 1050Ti would work, too but might not be as available, or a 1630. That would be my minimum for an entry-level gaming PC. Intel iGPUs have never been good and often got crappy drivers. A dedicated GPU, even if it's entry-level, will be a tremendous difference.
You are confusing things a bit.
The new intel Xe graphic drivers are quite crappy.
The UHD graphic drivers are actually very reliable and have not posed problems for many people.

Reactions: meronyx
hi guys,

I have a gaming pc without a dedicated GPU, just using Intel UHD 770 iGPU and config I put below .
No it wouldn't have a bad impact on the motherboard, that's a good quality board more than capable of running an i7 at full capacity. Yes you can use that configuration for the programs listed. GTA V should run smoothly but with graphical compromises.