Question INTEL CPU temps spike up and down randomly while gaming and sometimes for ideal tasks

Aug 19, 2024
Well ,I have a Laptop ASUS TUF f15 with i511400H and rtx 2050 ,I bought it a while back and it was functioning fine, but after some issues while installing optane I had to reinstall the windows so after that my laptops temps began spiking crazy while gaming . I didn't know what was the problem so after some time i updated my bios ,The bios update fixed the issue but to some extent only first ther temps were always above 90 degree C but now they go up and down from 80 to 95 or 96 C what may be the reason? I am currently dealing with this issue by reducing the voltage to my cpu using the power plans but this affects the fps while gaming.and do mind my rooms temps are 30 to 35 C normally.

My stock answer for starters:
I see many complaints about gaming laptops not performing well.
Usually gaming while plugged in.
One common cause is thermal throttling.
Laptop coolers must, of necessity be small and light.
The coolers are also relatively underpowered.
If you run an app such as HWMonitor or HWinfo, you will get the current, minimum, and maximum cpu temperatures. Set to see each individual core.
For intel processors, if you see a max of 100c. in red, it means you have throttled.

The cpu will lower it's multiplier and power draw to protect itself until the situation reverses.
At a lower multiplier, your cpu usage may well be at 100%
What can you do?
First, see that your cooler airways are clear and that the cooler fan is spinning.
Use a windows balanced power profile, not the performance profile.
Set a minimum cpu performance to something like 20%

It is counter-intuitive, but, try changing the windows balanced power profile advanced functions to a max of 90% instead of the default of 100%
You may not notice the reduced cpu performance.

Aug 19, 2024
My stock answer for starters:
I see many complaints about gaming laptops not performing well.
Usually gaming while plugged in.
One common cause is thermal throttling.
Laptop coolers must, of necessity be small and light.
The coolers are also relatively underpowered.
If you run an app such as HWMonitor or HWinfo, you will get the current, minimum, and maximum cpu temperatures. Set to see each individual core.
For intel processors, if you see a max of 100c. in red, it means you have throttled.

The cpu will lower it's multiplier and power draw to protect itself until the situation reverses.
At a lower multiplier, your cpu usage may well be at 100%
What can you do?
First, see that your cooler airways are clear and that the cooler fan is spinning.
Use a windows balanced power profile, not the performance profile.
Set a minimum cpu performance to something like 20%

It is counter-intuitive, but, try changing the windows balanced power profile advanced functions to a max of 90% instead of the default of 100%
You may not notice the reduced cpu performance.
The thing is the laptop used to run greatly around 200 fps in valorant without changing the profiles for power and after changing it gives around 120 150 fps which stuturs some times . AS a FPS game this matters a lot and also i will check onn HW monitor and tell u about the cores situation the laptop used to function well before but now it doesnt as i told u above