Question Intel i3-8100, (2nd hand gpu) RX 570 4GB, Stuttering issues.

Apr 12, 2019
So I've purchase this pc not so long ago.

At first I don't have a discrete gpu at that time I was only using the built in Graphics of the intel core i3-8100 (intel UHD 630)
I played Dota 2 with low settings I can get 60 fps but after I got the second hand gpu (it's a korean variant which i got it for cheap)
I keep having sttutering issues, and my CPU load is always getting a 100% which I think it's bottlenecking already.

As far as I remembered i3-8100 can be paired with rx 570 to rx 580.
Now I have Apex legends instead of Dota 2, at first run through it's smooth but when I encountered an enemy now it's starting to have some sttutering and It's really destroying the gameplay

I can't figure if it's my CPU is the problem or is it the GPU please help.

Please help! Any advise would really appreciated.

Apr 12, 2019
It's the cpu staggering to keep up with the gpu

Therefore it's bottlenecking the GPU? So what about them telling that it's on the same side as 1050ti which is optimized for i3-8100.

here's my full specs of my pc

i3-8100
T.force 4GBx2 2666 mhz
Asus ROG strix h370-f
500 W non modular PSU
240 ssd
1 tb hdd

So I've purchase this pc not so long ago.

At first I don't have a discrete gpu at that time I was only using the built in Graphics of the intel core i3-8100 (intel UHD 630)
I played Dota 2 with low settings I can get 60 fps but after I got the second hand gpu (it's a korean variant which i got it for cheap)
I keep having sttutering issues, and my CPU load is always getting a 100% which I think it's bottlenecking already.

As far as I remembered i3-8100 can be paired with rx 570 to rx 580.
Now I have Apex legends instead of Dota 2, at first run through it's smooth but when I encountered an enemy now it's starting to have some sttutering and It's really destroying the gameplay

I can't figure if it's my CPU is the problem or is it the GPU please help.

Please help! Any advise would really appreciated.
View: https://www.reddit.com/r/intel/comments/777wcx/i3_8100_overclock/

Apr 11, 2019
It's the cpu staggering to keep up with the gpu
I would have to say that I (respectfully) disagree with this statement. An i3-8100 should be able to keep up with either an Rx 570 or Rx 580. @amabe1996 some more details about your system would be useful (ex: amount of RAM, actual name or variant of Rx 570) and what kind of settings you are playing Apex on.

Apr 12, 2019

What's that relate to my thread? And also please note I have a H370-f motherboard which overclocking is not available.

Base to this website there shouldn't be no problem having i3 8100 paired with rx 570

Apr 12, 2019
I would have to say that I (respectfully) disagree with this statement. An i3-8100 should be able to keep up with either an Rx 570 or Rx 580. @amabe1996 some more details about your system would be useful (ex: amount of RAM, actual name or variant of Rx 570) and what kind of settings you are playing Apex on.

That's what I'm actually thinking since it has enough juice to actually pair with the rx 570.
we'll I have 8GB 2666 mhz RAM
As for the GPU it's somehow a knock off brand ( I don't tbh). Got it from a seller where a Computer shop in korea sold a lot of this GPU's if this helps check this reddit post

View: https://www.reddit.com/r/Amd/comments/akwcjq/ive_never_seen_an_rx_570_like_this_before_anyone/

Apr 11, 2019
That's what I'm actually thinking since it has enough juice to actually pair with the rx 570.
we'll I have 8GB 2666 mhz RAM
As for the GPU it's somehow a knock off brand ( I don't tbh). Got it from a seller where a Computer shop in korea sold a lot of this GPU's if this helps check this reddit post

View: https://www.reddit.com/r/Amd/comments/akwcjq/ive_never_seen_an_rx_570_like_this_before_anyone/
Well, according to the EA website, 6gb of RAM is the required amount for Apex. (Never played it so I cant verify the legitimacy of their minimum 'playable' experience.) So you seem to be in the clear there, although only just barely. As for the GPU, I'm not really sure what to tell you. It seems pretty cheap and not great quality to begin with and I'm not confident in it when its second hand. Maybe that should be the next replacement in your system along with some more ram. I know its not what we like to hear that we have to put more money into our systems. If you turn down the settings on Apex does it run any better? What about other games? It may be helpful to look at the usage monitor (task manager) while in game using ALT-Tab. Keep us in the loop and let me know more information as you uncover it, we may be able find a fix that doesnt involve buying a new gpu. God speed my friend 😂

Apr 12, 2019
Well, according to the EA website, 6gb of RAM is the required amount for Apex. (Never played it so I cant verify the legitimacy of their minimum 'playable' experience.) So you seem to be in the clear there, although only just barely. As for the GPU, I'm not really sure what to tell you. It seems pretty cheap and not great quality to begin with and I'm not confident in it when its second hand. Maybe that should be the next replacement in your system along with some more ram. I know its not what we like to hear that we have to put more money into our systems. If you turn down the settings on Apex does it run any better? What about other games? It may be helpful to look at the usage monitor (task manager) while in game using ALT-Tab. Keep us in the loop and let me know more information as you uncover it, we may be able find a fix that doesnt involve buying a new gpu. God speed my friend 😂

The settings I have for Apex for High but it is unusual for Dota 2 to have sttutering issues, I tried all the things change the settings even in low settings I still having sttuerting issue.

If I were to compare the games
Company of heroes 2 I have stable FPS no stuttering issues
but as for Apex, only when I encounter enemy I have that the issues.
Dota 2 when the creeps has spawned that's the time I'm having a low fps.

I think I may need to upgrade my CPU and GPU in the future. thank you though!

MetallicMonk

Respectable
Feb 16, 2019
Run DDU and uninstall all intel,Nvidia, and AMD drivers. Use it in safe mode. Reinstall the latest drivers for your card.

If it is indeed a some knockoff it may not actually be a 570. Use GPU-z and post a screenshot to verify your card specs.

Reactions: Will_1_Am
Apr 11, 2019
The settings I have for Apex for High but it is unusual for Dota 2 to have sttutering issues, I tried all the things change the settings even in low settings I still having sttuerting issue.

If I were to compare the games
Company of heroes 2 I have stable FPS no stuttering issues
but as for Apex, only when I encounter enemy I have that the issues.
Dota 2 when the creeps has spawned that's the time I'm having a low fps.

I think I may need to upgrade my CPU and GPU in the future. thank you though!
If you were using an Nvidia card I would've recommended that you ensure that G-sync is off as that can oddly enough cause performance issues with what it is supposed to minimize(screen tearing). I'm not all that familiar with AMD's freesync. Maybe check and see if that is on and if so maybe turn it off? I'm grasping at straws here tbh. Without actually being with the system I can't fully troubleshoot for you. What you can do though, is if you have another computer(maybe a friends computer) you can plug your gpu into it and see if you get the same stuttering issues. This way you can see if its an issue with the gpu itself (as it may be working perfectly tbh). If the issue still persists on your friends computer then you know what you need to replace. Another thing you can do is fully disassemble your computer and ensure that everything is completely connected(no bent cpu pins, gpu fully seated in PCIe slot, etc). Let us know what you discover.

Apr 12, 2019
Run DDU and uninstall all intel,Nvidia, and AMD drivers. Use it in safe mode. Reinstall the latest drivers for your card.

If it is indeed a some knockoff it may not actually be a 570. Use GPU-z and post a screenshot to verify your card specs.

Yes I will later, I'm currently at work right now. I'll try those instructions later but one big question is that the cpu at 100% load. Care to provide feedback about that?

Apr 12, 2019
stick with 1 thread
So, Here's the story I posted before a thread about having low performance even though I have a good build.
My full specs are here:

MOBO: Asus ROG strix H370-F
CPU: i3 8100
GPU: AMD RX 570 (second hand Korean variant)
RAM: 4GBx2 (8GB) 2666 Mhz Tforce
SSD: 240 a4 Kingston
HDD: Seagate 1 TB
PSU: Thermaltake 500W non modular

At first I don't have the gpu and I'm using the integrated graphics on the i3 8100, i have stable FPS on low settings in Dota2. When I use the RX 570 (second hand) That's where it started.

Here's a photo of the performance I have:

View: https://imgur.com/a/Wz5UlCc

As you can see 84% in all cores while the GPU is just 35%. I don't know what seems to be the problem because I don't think the i3 8100 would bottleneck the Rx 570 as it can be compare up to a RX 580 or a 1060.

I tried all ways on having it best performance in the settings, having it low setting it helps but what's the point of having a discrete GPU is this is the case.

Here's a photo of the RX 570 and the results in GPU-z

View: https://imgur.com/AmEsJ2J

View: https://www.reddit.com/r/Amd/comments/akwcjq/ive_never_seen_an_rx_570_like_this_before_anyone/?ref=share&ref_source=embed&utm_content=media&utm_medium=post_embed&utm_name=116e70f8303b4ae9948532d48724eda3&utm_source=embedly&utm_term=akwcjq

COLGeek

Cybernaut
Last edited: