Intel i5 4690k idling at 55c spiking to 95c under 50% load

Jan 6, 2019
I’ve tried everything I can think of when it comes to my OC settings and now I’m just using default BIOS settings with boost enabled at 3.5x but was running at 4.3x with same results.

I am using the stock fan on a z-87 and have re-applied thermals but I have one major question.

This CPU has been running with me for 5 years under heavy load and possibly high temps, do you think that my problem could stem from the TIM that could be dried up inside the chip? Should I delid the chip, clean it, apply TIM and call it a day?

Or should I just listen to you chumps and finally buy a coolermaster fan solution?

Or both, because I know you guys hate stock fans and intel’s TIM and people have been getting -20c improvements from delid

Thanks!

Solution
I am using the stock fan on a z-87
The stock cooler is designed to keep the CPU below 100 Deg C. Overclocking on the stock cooler is never advised unless it's an expendable system/component.

You might also want to share what sort of voltages you pushed on that poor fella as well as your overclocking settings. Prior to that, please list your system's specs like so:
CPU:
Motherboard:
Ram:
SSD/HDD:
GPU:
PSU:
Chassis:

Are you on the latest BIOS update for your motherboard?

Lutfij

Titan
I am using the stock fan on a z-87
The stock cooler is designed to keep the CPU below 100 Deg C. Overclocking on the stock cooler is never advised unless it's an expendable system/component.

You might also want to share what sort of voltages you pushed on that poor fella as well as your overclocking settings. Prior to that, please list your system's specs like so:
CPU:
Motherboard:
Ram:
SSD/HDD:
GPU:
PSU:
Chassis:

Are you on the latest BIOS update for your motherboard?

Solution
Jan 6, 2019
Thank you for the speedy reply, going to buy a CM 212 EVO, will update with result.

CPU: Intel i5-4690k
GPU: NVDIA EVGA GeForce 1070 Ti SC
mobo: Asus Z-87
Ram: Gskill 8gb 1550ghz
PSU: EVGA gold 550
Chassis: Some shitty $60 case

UPDATE: Installed a CM Hyper 212 EVO and am getting mid 20c even under load, I feel like a dumbass but the stock fan was literally performing perfectly up until now, thanks!