Question Intel i7 7700K w/ RTX2080S lags, mouse jitters

turret001

Commendable
Jul 27, 2019
Hi everyone! I'll get straight to the point, my PC lags sometimes while playing CS and my cursor gets stuck while playing Rainbow 6 Siege.

It's kind of hard to explain the mouse issue so I'll try my best to explain it. While playing Rainbow 6 Siege, when I try to flick my aim sometimes, my crosshair moves like a few millimeters, as if it was stuck and magically it fixes itself and moves normally. I've tried it with 2 different mouses, no luck. Also tried using different USB ports, same thing.

Another issue happens playing CS:GO. From time to time, my game gets frozen for a second or less and continues normally. There's also

Here's my setup: https://pcpartpicker.com/list/3NysLP
-There were 2 parts missing from pcpartpicker so I couldn't add them. One of them is that I use a Samsung 40" TV-N5300 and my PSU is Rampage 850W 80+ Gold Certified.

Here's an userbenchmark result: https://www.userbenchmark.com/UserRun/35336365

My main screen is AOC, it runs at 144hz 1920x1080. I have 2 other screens, and they are set to run at 1080p 1920x1060 at 60hz. You can find more about rest of my setup at the PCPartPicker link I sent earlier.

Please let me know if you need more info, I'll be more than happy to share it.

EDIT: forgot to add, from time to time, my browser also gets frozen for a second. Even though they are buffered, videos sometimes act like they are buffering out of nowhere and do a small loading animation.

EDIT 2: I just noticed, my RAM caps at 15GB (32 total) and my CPU is always over 90% during a Rainbow 6 Siege game. HDD, SSD and GPU usages look normal. I don't have any XMP or Game Boost running. so no overclock. everything is at stock settings

Last edited:

Phaaze88

Titan
Ambassador
1)IF you carried over your C drive from an older build, did you reinstall Windows after changing to your current motherboard?
If no, then back up the important files on the C drive, unplug the secondary drive, and reinstall Windows.

2)Plugging the gpu to monitors with different native refresh rates can cause stuttering via desynced frame buffers. Resolution does not matter.
Plug the main/game monitor to the gpu and the other(s) to the motherboard - if possible.

3)C drive probably needs cleaning up or its health is poor. If it's having 'hiccups' it's going to affect just about everything else.
Use Samsung Magician software to check its status, if you haven't already.

4)Clean up the secondary drive. It's near full, and slows down when capacity exceeds a certain threshold - I've forgotten what that number is, but I'm sure you've passed it. That's normal for ram and storage.
I also suggest checking the drive health too, just in case. Samsung Magician won't work on that one - here's a link to Crystal Disk Info that will work for it.

5)I trust thermals are under control?
Cpu: 85C and below
Gpu: 80C and below
HDD: Below 50C
SSD: has 2 sensors, but Magician will cover that.

6)Power supply of unknown quality.
Trying to look up this unit for a quality review turns up much of nothing; even the product homepage is barren.
Buyer beware.

7)Mixed/added on ram configuration.
Tested and certified stable, and guaranteed to work as sold. Adding/mixing ram voids all that. You're the one doing the testing and certification; any issues you experience as a result of the mixed kit is on you.
I see the sticks have the same specs - on paper. All that does is increase the odds of compatibility; it's not guaranteed until fully tested.

8)Almost forgot: UBM flagged the system for high background usage. 0-5% is ideal.
You should close everything before running the program.
If it's still high afterwards, then some virus/malware scans are in order.

That's all the flags/possible flags I found.

Reactions: turret001

turret001

Commendable
Jul 27, 2019
Hello, thank you for your reply!

1. I've installed Windows on C: when I first set up my PC, so no issues there. I might consider formatting my pc tho.
  2. My motherboard has a video output but only 1. I'll try and use it for the TV screen
  3. My SSD's health seems normal, here's the screenshot: View: https://imgur.com/E9u0hNu
  4. I'll most definitely clean up my D: drive. It's full of games but usage of D during game is fine. Here's crystal disk output about D: View: https://imgur.com/3xJFyhz
5)I actually didn't check my temps during games but I don't see why they would overheat. I haven't overclocked my CPU and it as an AIO water cooler (I've checked if it works and it does)

6) Yes, I've actually never googled my PSU until now. I can confirm that it has a genuine 80+ gold certificate but I might replace it. Do you have any brand suggestions? if so please share them!

7) 2 of my 4 RAM sticks is CL14, I'm not sure what it means but I've checked their Mhz speeds before buying them. I couldn't understand what you said about my RAM sticks, can you please rephrase? English is not my native language :/

8) I have Malwarebytes antivirus running in the background. I've also done a few full scans lately, no luck. During UBM scan, only Discord & Brave browser was running in the background. I didn't touch my PC during the scan.

here's an Open Hardware Monitor log during a match of Rainbow 6 https://drive.google.com/file/d/1R15iJhg--Hn8svpnNs3UJ44R8RBWJkKA/view?usp=sharing

Last edited:

Phaaze88

Titan
Ambassador
6) Yes, I've actually never googled my PSU until now. I can confirm that it has a genuine 80+ gold certificate but I might replace it. Do you have any brand suggestions? if so please share them!
To aid with putting together a small list of suggestions, I would need to know the country, or the online store you prefer to use.

7) 2 of my 4 RAM sticks is CL14, I'm not sure what it means but I've checked their Mhz speeds before buying them. I couldn't understand what you said about my RAM sticks, can you please rephrase? English is not my native language :/
Sections you should look though at the very minimum:
-The Odd Man Out
-Testing Your Memory Configuration to Verify Stability

Reactions: turret001

turret001

Commendable
Jul 27, 2019
I'll take a look at it tomorrow, thank you for sharing :)

I don't shop from international websites (amazon etc) due to exchange rates. I mostly use hepsiburada.com but it is in Turkish. If you could give me some pointers like which brand I should specifically look for, or what wattage, +80 gold bronze etc, I'll take them into mind and reply with my findings.

Phaaze88

Titan
Ambassador
I mostly use hepsiburada.com but it is in Turkish. If you could give me some pointers like which brand I should specifically look for, or what wattage, +80 gold bronze etc, I'll take them into mind and reply with my findings.
Stick to the units in the A and B tiers.

turret001

Commendable
Jul 27, 2019
Stick to the units in the A and B tiers.
hi, I'm sorry for the late reply. I tried looking up some of those PSUs from Turkish websites but I couldn't find anything good. I noticed there's Corsair RMx 2018 but I couldn't find anything like that. HOWEVER, I found a Corsair RM 750x, would this be okay? if I could find RM 850x, would that be alright as well?

Thank you!