My computer freezes when playing games. I updated to last update for the
driver but it has been discontinued. Do I need to upgrade and if so what is
recommended ?I have no problem with the computer unless I play games.
Model: Intel(R) 82810 Graphics Controller
Driver: i81xnt5.sys
Intel Celeron processor 1.10 GHz
Version: x86 Family 6 Model 8 Stepping 10
Speed: 1096 MHz
256 MB RAM
Windows XP SP2
Dell Computer
System Model: DIM2100
Total Capacity: 37.26 GB
Free: 23.66 GB

"connieberk" <connieberk@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> My computer freezes when playing games. I updated to last update for the
> driver but it has been discontinued. Do I need to upgrade and if so what
> is
> recommended ?I have no problem with the computer unless I play games.
> Model: Intel(R) 82810 Graphics Controller
> Driver: i81xnt5.sys
> Intel Celeron processor 1.10 GHz
> Version: x86 Family 6 Model 8 Stepping 10
> Speed: 1096 MHz
> 256 MB RAM
> Windows XP SP2
> Dell Computer
> System Model: DIM2100
> Total Capacity: 37.26 GB
> Free: 23.66 GB

You have a Celeron processor...just barely adequate for basic computing, but
in no way, shape or form meant for gaming.

You have only 256MB of Ram...barely enough to make the OS happy.

My suggestion: save your money as you can.

Buy an AMD based system with 1GB RAM and a dedicated video card. It wont
set you back a lot, and it will make your current machine feel like a
toaster oven.

Bobby

connieberk wrote:
> My computer freezes when playing games. I updated to last update for
> the driver but it has been discontinued. Do I need to upgrade and if
> so what is recommended ?I have no problem with the computer unless I
> play games. Model: Intel(R) 82810 Graphics Controller
> Driver: i81xnt5.sys
> Intel Celeron processor 1.10 GHz
> Version: x86 Family 6 Model 8 Stepping 10
> Speed: 1096 MHz
> 256 MB RAM
> Windows XP SP2
> Dell Computer
> System Model: DIM2100
> Total Capacity: 37.26 GB
> Free: 23.66 GB

What games?
Can you buy more RAM?
That Celeron (especially at 1.1Ghz) is going to be pretty weak at playing
graphics intensive games (heck - any newer games will likely start choking
on that processor.)

I'm guessing built in video card..

If you plan on playing any of the newer games, you really need to consider
getting an NVidia or ATI graphics card (if you have an expansion slot
available - AGP would be great but doubtful, PCI would work fine.) You
should also consider 256MB or more extra RAM and if possible, ditch the
Celeron and get the highest Pentium processor that motherboard can handle.

--
Shenan Stanley
MS-MVP

Save your money, if gaming is your harts desire buy a true P4 gaming rig or
an Xbox , PS2, Gamecube etc.. The 810 chipset is P3 era and is not worth the
trouble and expense for gaming period...You might be able to add 256mb more
sdram mem and if PCI, a 64mb video card max, if AGP, a 1-2x card at best or
there abouts if they are even available.

Brows through and see what's out there nowadays..
http://www.cyberpowersystem.com/Default.asp
http://www.ibuypower.com/mall/lobby.htm

j;-)