Intel regains crown

Page 15 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

hergieburbur

Distinguished
Dec 19, 2005
If all of you hardcore fanboys spent as much time educating yourselves about computer technology as you do bickering and insulting each other, I daresay this forum would be a much better place, with a far better exchange of ideas.

SumDumGuy

Distinguished
Mar 8, 2006
You are so so right...

The links to these couple of threads were sent to me by email and I was told to watch out for DVDPiddy and Mod Mad Mike if I wanted to have a good laugh...

I'm proud of you guys! Apparantly you are the laughing stock of planet earth ATM. Enter your 15 minutes of fame!!

Have a look throughout the thread Zyk, the biggest insults this guy can come up with against me are that I'm "retardetedetedededetetdededeted" and that he has as much computer experience as my mother does as a whore... so I guess he must not know a single thing about computers then :p

dvdpiddy

Splendid
Feb 3, 2006
ycon i have muscles in my legs without my fat im about 200pounds but with my fat i can knock open a door by rushing from 10 feet thats 3 meters for you metric users out there you know who you are :twisted:

luminaris

Distinguished
Dec 20, 2005
While this is true, I am anxious to see how it all plays out too. With Intel making gains as they are with Conroe and 65nm technology, they will have moved onto 45nm technology by the time AMD gets to 65.

Looks like a battle in the very near future and I for one can't wait to see it.

SumDumGuy

Distinguished
Mar 8, 2006
The fact that you are on paid time and acting like you are just makes you look silly. At least Piddy has the excuse of being a young kid.

No, better yet, please keep it up, its kind of entertaining to watch you.

Dude this isn't silly for me one bit, I've got f*ck all to do and pigeoning on this stupid little punk is hilarious, my co-workers are having a good laugh at this kid's expense.

Hey piddy, pudgy, whatever your name is - post a pic of yourself, my female co-workers wanna see your tits :p

hergieburbur

Distinguished
Dec 19, 2005
biologically 17 != mentally 17

HA HA! That's so true! I know a lot of 17 year olds that act more grown up than all of you. Since you are all acting younger than 17, who does that put at acting closest to his age?

Seriously guys, please give it up. You are just clouding the discussion for those of us that want to have an actual discussion.

To those people at least slightly on topic, it will be very interesting to see how things play out in the coming years. I think we will see a lot of good competition now.

SumDumGuy

Distinguished
Mar 8, 2006
If all of you hardcore fanboys spent as much time educating yourselves about computer technology as you do bickering and insulting each other, I daresay this forum would be a much better place, with a far better exchange of ideas.

And for the record, I've got plenty of education in computer technology, I work in IT, and I've got enough certifications to wallpaper my bedroom with.

hergieburbur

Distinguished
Dec 19, 2005

And for the record, I've got plenty of education in computer technology, I work in IT, and I've got enough certifications to wallpaper my bedroom with.

Are you saying you know everything and can't improve you skills knowledge at all?

For the record, Certifications don't mean squat. I've worked with a lot of "certified" people that were completely clueless when it came to actually using those skills.

SumDumGuy

Distinguished
Mar 8, 2006

Are you saying you know everything and can't improve you skills knowledge at all?

For the record, Certifications don't mean squat. I've worked with a lot of "certified" people that were completely clueless when it came to actually using those skills.

Never said I was a know it all, but I know quite a lot. And yes, I agree that certifications don't mean anything unless you know how to apply what you know, and I'm not one of these posers who memorizes stuff from the textbook and writes the exam, I've got lots of industry experience and know lots about how to apply my knowledge. I earned my certifications, unlike those who have them strictly for show.

Anoobis

Splendid
Feb 4, 2006
While this is true, I am anxious to see how it all plays out too. With Intel making gains as they are with Conroe and 65nm technology, they will have moved onto 45nm technology by the time AMD gets to 65.

True, but AMD's has been pretty good at getting stuff to work for them. They stuck it out with DDR because it worked for them up until now. Not only did they make it work for them, they beat the competition with it for quite a while.

It will be great to watch these two (AMD/Intel, not piddy and sumdumguy) duke it.

I can't wait to see how these 65nm chips overclock considering they're supposed to run cooler.

Zyklus

Distinguished
Feb 27, 2006
People,

Why this brand loyalty and what the kids seems to have renamed to fanboyism? All these discussions here at Toms Hardware are just completely beyond me. What has AMD OR Intel ever done for you personally to deserve live long support?

Is it too difficult to comprehend to just go with the product that gives you the best price - performance ratio?
The last few years it's been AMD leading the enthusiast pack, no doubt about that, but would it be such a bad thing to have a faster Intel in your system?

Mind, I'm running 3 desktop systems, all with AMD processors (Opteron 165, 64X2 3800, XP3000). I'm also running a Pentium M laptop. All these products are rock solid.

Despite the fact I've been running mostly AMD over the last 6 years, if Intel can come up with something better for a reasonable price I'll be buying Intel next. And it sure looks they got a winner this time.

The only problem I have with Conroe is the arrival of trusted computing / DRM, but I guess AMD will follow suit, so there won't be much choice in that department.

@SumDumGuy - I just went through 15 pages of mayhem... I can't take no more!!! :tongue:

hergieburbur

Distinguished
Dec 19, 2005
That's all I am saying. I try to come here to increase my (forgive me for saying already fairly extensive due to my CompEng degree and years of experience) knowledge of the latest goings on in tech, not to argue with people. Well, sometimes to argue :twisted:

However, we could all learn more from each other by not fighting and insulting each other.

kais

Distinguished
Jul 6, 2004
hey piddy you should change ur picture to say
amd fanboys REUNITE

after 1 or 2 years when amd finally gets a processor to kick intels ass lol

jk

luminaris

Distinguished
Dec 20, 2005
yes, I am convinced of alot of things

1. Intel is making great gains and will lead us into the next year
2. AMD makes a great opteron chip
3. I will be first in line to order a new Conroe chip
4. dvdpiddy has way too many posts
5. You don't exist

LOL :wink:

ak47is1337

Distinguished
Jan 30, 2006

True, but AMD's has been pretty good at getting stuff to work for them. They stuck it out with DDR because it worked for them up until now. Not only did they make it work for them, they beat the competition with it for quite a while.

It will be great to watch these two (AMD/Intel, not piddy and sumdumguy) duke it.

I can't wait to see how these 65nm chips overclock considering they're supposed to run cooler.
Which 65nm's? AMD's next year, or Intel's in 4 months?
I honestly don't know how in the bloody hell AMD is going to scale 90nm to not only fit the power constraints but the performance constraints Intel is putting on them.

hergieburbur

Distinguished
Dec 19, 2005
I would seriously consider the same, if it weren't for the fact that I don't want to wait to upgrade my vid card. That means I either have to switch everything now, which would be dumb, or just buy a good dual opteron chip.

Caboose-1

Distinguished
Mar 5, 2006
stop being retaredededtetetdtetdtetdtetdtetedtetdtetdtetdtetetdtetdtet

OMFG are you still talking? Are you still consuming precious oxygen? Kid, listen, I don't know how you managed to bypass the parental controls on your PC, but I think it's lights out time for you. Go grab your favorite dolly, put on a fresh Huggies pull-up and hit the sack junior. Dont pick on dvd. You mess with piddy, you mess with......well piddy. But thats not cool.

Caboose-1

Distinguished
Mar 5, 2006
yes, I am convinced of alot of things

1. Intel is making great gains and will lead us into the next year
2. AMD makes a great opteron chip
3. I will be first in line to order a new Conroe chip
4. dvdpiddy has way too many posts
5. You don't exist

LOL :wink:
Someone has to say this(again)....... WTF piddy you joined LAST MONTH and YOU HAVE 2000 POSTS. Thats rediculous. Get a life. Oh and yesterday night I was sittin naked on a beanbag chair eatin cheetos.