[SOLVED] intel stock CPU fan not running

Rshbh

Reputable
Mar 6, 2017
Hi,
im running a pentium g4560 with a stock intel fan, but when i boot the system up the cpu fan does not run. The system boots and works fine running around 55 celsius without the fan running but worried it will be worse if i try running a game. Previously i have noticed the fan running constantly. i tried changing the fan header to a different slot on the motherboard and still no luck, ive also looked into the bios settings, changing the fan speed to max but still shows no change and 0 rpm. Is this normal behaviour and the fan will ramp up as the temps increase or do i have a problem here as everything else is functioning fine? if so is there anything i can do?

Last edited:
Solution
Running a few games and 4k videos, gone to 70 degrees now, still not running. The only problem is I cant get a replacement now as all the shops are closed until further notice. thanks for the info btw.
Seems as though the fan is dead, But you don't have to go to a shop for that. a quick search on amazon, newegg, or ebay can offer a source for a fan where you don't need to go to a store that is closed.
Just make sure if you get a new one it works with your socket or that you have the right bracket for it.

Eximo

Titan
Ambassador
A quick CPU load should tell you if the CPU fan will spin, but it has probably died. Pretty sure they always spin at minimal RPM. Not too expensive to get a replacement for a stock cooler though, and you can find actual Intel coolers on ebay quite often.

Rshbh

Reputable
Mar 6, 2017
Running a few games and 4k videos, gone to 70 degrees now, still not running. The only problem is I cant get a replacement now as all the shops are closed until further notice. thanks for the info btw.

G_Sanderat

Honorable
Jan 17, 2017
Seems as though the fan is dead, But you don't have to go to a shop for that. a quick search on amazon, newegg, or ebay can offer a source for a fan where you don't need to go to a store that is closed.
Just make sure if you get a new one it works with your socket or that you have the right bracket for it.

Solution

Rshbh

Reputable
Mar 6, 2017
okay cool, will try that