News Intel Teases Xe-HPG DG2 Gaming GPU Announcement

Jun 29, 2021
Last edited:

InvalidError

Titan
All Intel has to do to win the GPU wars (besides matching performance) is to simply have them in stock.
Since DG2 will be made on the same over-burdened TSMC process and reports so far indicate that it will be slower than expected, I wouldn't hold my breath. People being desperate for any GPU to put in their gamer-y systems will probably be the only thing saving DG2's launch from being an unmitigated failure.

80eu is slower than 1030, multiply and see how they will perform in higher configurations.
The DG1 is also using slow LPDDR4X for its VRAM, while the DG2 cards should be using much faster GDDR6 with multiple times the bandwidth. And of course, we don't know various other details about how the larger chips will compare, or how well they will scale, so you can't really extrapolate much from that.

There will apparently be multiple levels of cards as well. I'm not expecting their fastest model to necessarily match the current fastest models from AMD and Nvidia, but they don't have to, since relatively few people consider cards around that price range anyway. What matters more than anything is if they can provide cards that offer decent value for the money.

Reactions: panathas