Intel turbo boost not instaled

evan_96

Commendable
Feb 6, 2017
i have intel i7 6700hq 2.6 up to 3.5, but there's no turbo boost instaled on the computer, i'm trying to download intel driver, but i'm comfused how to instal it, the qustion is, why my laptop not have builtin turbo boost driver ?

Spec:
Asus x550vx
i7 6700hq 2.6 up to 3.4
gtx 950 2 gb
ram 8 gb

sorry for my bad english
thank you

Solution
That is what Intel shows as max Turbo Speed: https://ark.intel.com/products/88967/Intel-Core-i7-6700HQ-Processor-6M-Cache-up-to-3_50-GHz, the base speed is 2.6

Turbo Boost is a dynamic feature. There is no set-in-stone speed which the Core i5 or i7 processor will reach when in Turbo Boost. Turbo Boost operates in 133Mhz increments and will scale up until it either reaches the maximum Turbo Boost allowed (which is determined by the model of processor) or the processor comes close to its maximum TDP. For example, the Core i5 750 has a base clock speed of 2.66GHz but has a maximum Turbo Boost speed of 3.2GHz.

However, Intel still advertises these processors by their base clock speed. This is because Intel does not guarantee that a...

Colif

Win 11 Master
Turbo boost is a CPU feature, its not software.

It just happens, its not something you can make happen. If you want faster speed all the time you can set Power options in Win 10 to Performance which will have CPU run at 100% all the time, but it may not boost much then - depends on the below factors

Due to varying power characteristics, some parts with Intel® Turbo Boost Technology 2.0 may not achieve maximum turbo frequencies when running heavy workloads and using multiple cores concurrently.

Availability and frequency upside of Intel® Turbo Boost Technology 2.0 state depends upon a number of factors including, but not limited to, the following:

Type of workload
Number of active cores
Estimated current consumption
Estimated power consumption
Processor temperature

See here

Colif

Win 11 Master
That is what Intel shows as max Turbo Speed: https://ark.intel.com/products/88967/Intel-Core-i7-6700HQ-Processor-6M-Cache-up-to-3_50-GHz, the base speed is 2.6

Turbo Boost is a dynamic feature. There is no set-in-stone speed which the Core i5 or i7 processor will reach when in Turbo Boost. Turbo Boost operates in 133Mhz increments and will scale up until it either reaches the maximum Turbo Boost allowed (which is determined by the model of processor) or the processor comes close to its maximum TDP. For example, the Core i5 750 has a base clock speed of 2.66GHz but has a maximum Turbo Boost speed of 3.2GHz.

However, Intel still advertises these processors by their base clock speed. This is because Intel does not guarantee that a processor will ever hit its maximum Turbo Boost speed. I have yet to hear of an Intel processor which can’t hit its maximum Turbo Boost speed, but hitting the maximum Turbo Boost is dependent on workload – it won’t happen all of the time.

http://www.makeuseof.com/tag/forced-induction-intel-turbo-boost-works-technology-explained/

Try doing a high demand single processor test and see if it gets to 3.5, it only works on 1 core, it won't do all of them.

Mine only boosts to 3.9 but its core is 3.5, yours has a much larger range.

It depends on temperatures more than anything, if CPU is running hot it won't run turbo boost, I don't see it very often but PC seems fast enough now without needing CPU running full speed, its ticking along at .88ghz and it doesn't feel slow at all. If I need it do anything it will speed up again. I could overclock but i need a better CPU fan before i do that, and once again, PC doesn't feel slow now so I leave that a few years.

Solution

TRENDING THREADS