News Intel's 14-Core i9-9990XE Auctioned for $2,300, More Benchmarks Posted

abryant

Asst. Managing Editor
Staff member
May 16, 2016
Courtesy of Puget Systems, we're slowly learning more about Intel's 14-core Core i9-9990XE. This new processor is certainly a rare breed of the company's highest performing silicon, but it doesn't even have a publicly listed product sheet. That's because Intel has only made the processor available to key OEMs in a secret online auction, with the prize chips going to the highest bidder. Read more here.
01.JPG

PAUL ALCORN
@PaulAlcorn
Paul Alcorn is a Senior Editor for Tom's Hardware US. He writes news and reviews on CPUs, storage and enterprise hardware.

mac_angel

Distinguished
Mar 12, 2008
good article. Also reinforces my idea and belief that the mid to low end new Skylake-X chips can be really good. Picking up the Core i9-9920-X or 9940-X, good water cooling, and being able to overclock it should give people great results. I don't have the money to upgrade as often as a lot of others, so I like sticking with the HED. I went from a 2600K, to a 5930k, upgraded to the 6850k by Intel. I was able to overclock it to 4.6GHz, and a 6 core CPU at that speed was able to remain close to top of the heap for quite a long time. I'd really love to see some good reviews on those two CPUs with overclocking.