Intel's Future Chips: News, Rumours & Reviews

Page 39 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Yeah, probably somewhere in that range, they might wind up being a bit pricier than the current Haswell Refresh chips simply because Intel can get away with it due to AMD not providing any real competition to the i5 and i7 chips for the past 3 years.

jdwii

Splendid
It will most likely replace the 4790K price with maybe a 10$ increase anything under 320$ won't happen and i doubt it would cost more then 350$ cause their 6 core is around that range.

That is quite interesting. Thanks for that, gamerk.

I wonder why they skip Ivy... In any case, looks like my 2700K does not need to fear yet. Specially at 4.6Ghz.

Cheers! :p

logainofhades

Titan

Yea, other than winter F@H, I have no real reason to justify upgrading my 3570k.

intel really, Really wants you to buy an unlocked skylake processor. :whistle:

Intel Skylake Core i7-6700K and Core i5-6600K Being Solid in Australia Unofficially - Box Art Revealed
http://wccftech.com/intel-skylake-core-i7-6700k-core-i5-6600k-solid-australia-unofficially-box-art-revealed/
gone are the creepy box art from haswell cpus' boxes. so sparkly and shiny!

jed

Distinguished
May 21, 2004

That's very unlucky before I sold my 2600k setup it ran 4.7Ghz all day, topped out @ 5.1Ghz.

Not even past 4Ghz? I don't think the CPU is the culprit, gamerk. There has to be something else... Did you check everything at the time? I don't want to troubleshoot, cause you're more than capable of, but give it another try. Maybe you had a rough morning that day? haha.

It's like the Psychedelic edition CPUs. "Unlocked for Maximum RAVE!" xD!

Cheers!

fudgecakes99

Admirable
Mar 17, 2014

I have a nehalem and am upgrading to skylake in a week or so when its released why are you waiting 2 more years on an older cpu?

Turb0Yoda

Expert
Ambassador

Budget problems, my mom, and college.

fudgecakes99

Admirable
Mar 17, 2014

that sucks, gl with college.

Isaiah4110

Distinguished
Jan 12, 2012

"Intel HD Graphics 530"? They completely change their GPU naming?

I could have missed that in the earlier links...

Status
Not open for further replies.