News Intel's Raptor Lake Mobile Benchmarked: Faster Than Alder Lake

cyrusfox

Distinguished
The CPU has 14 cores and can process 20 threads simultaneously, which means either a 6P + 8E cores configuration or a 4P and 10E cores configuration (we would assume the latter)
Why would you assume the latter? Have you ever seen E cores in groups other than 4??? it has to be 6P + 8 E.
Results look comparable to current gen.

TMRichard

Distinguished
Dec 21, 2015
Additionally to Cyrusfox's point, someone failed maths class. Lets go over it slowly for those in the back:
4 P-Cores with HTT are 8.... 10 E-Cores with no HTT are 10 = Total of 14 Cores and 18 threads - Can't be this one, the numbers don't match
6 P-Cores with HTT are 12.... 8 E-Cores with no HTT are 8 = Total of 14 Cores and 20 threads - HAS to be this one since both the number of threads and cores match up... either that or somehow 2 P or E cores get a magic 3rd/2nd thread which is just not happening

JWMiddleeton

Reputable
Apr 27, 2020
Have you ever seen E cores in groups other than 4???

I recently bought an HP Pavilion laptop with an i7-1260p. It has 4P+8E cores. So, 4P core processors do exist.

CPU Specifications
  • Total Cores 12.
  • # of Performance-cores 4.
  • # of Efficient-cores 8.
  • Total Threads 16.
  • Max Turbo Frequency 4.70 GHz.
  • Performance-core Max Turbo Frequency 4.70 GHz.
  • Efficient-core Max Turbo Frequency 3.40 GHz.
  • Cache 18 MB Intel® Smart Cache.

cyrusfox

Distinguished
I recently bought an HP Pavilion laptop with an i7-1260p. It has 4P+8E cores. So, 4P core processors do exist.
The point I was making is the E cores are in a cluster of 4 on the die. We have not seen Intel segment them in units less than 4(Curious if this is possible but as they share cache not sure), I think we will see 4,8,12,16 E cores with Raptor lake which from my understanding increased the cache as well as added another set of 2 E core clusters compared to Alder Lake

I have a 12900K and picked up a 12600K 2nd hand for cheap, I may upgrade both platforms next year. It is lame I need to use Process Lasso to get the E-Cores to behave and be useful in WIndows 10 though. I am going to skip Windows 11.