Jan 22, 2020
Hi!
Was searching for 2 months now when I build my new system and still couldn't find a solution. Hopefully someone had the same problem:
Something like in every 4-6 days my PC won't boot giving me a "boot failure error". My usual quick solution is: enter bios, F10 >> boot error again >> enter bios, F10 >> boot error again >> enter bios, F10 and it boots up, and no problems for days either with restart or full shutdown. Also...sometimes one of my 2 monitors won't turn on at all (windows not recognizing it which can be also solved with a restart) No matter if I change the cables place in the GPU, only restart works. What I have tried:
  • XMP on/off, even manually configuring the memories
  • Tried playing with CSM and AHCI too
  • Updated BIOS (F11c at the moment)
  • Turned off dual bios
  • Turned off PSU energy saving mode
  • Plugged in the second 8 pin cable into the MB
  • Turned off fast startup in windows
  • Uninstalled ALL Gigabyte software yesterday bc I have a strange feeling it could cause the problem (few times after changing or setting RGB fusion the error occured on next restart...will see if this helps in 1-2 weeks...don't know yet)
My pc specs are:
Aorus Ultra z390
9900k (running on stock turbo 4.7)
Gigabyte Aorus 2060 super
Seasonic Focus PX-850 platinum
G.SKILL 32GB Trident Z RGB DDR4 3200MHz CL16 KIT F4-3200C16Q-32GTZR
NZXT Kraken x72
ADATA SX8200 pro (system)
ADATA SU800

Temps are really good, no freezes, no crashes, no BSOD ever. Also the GPU is a bit older it was in my previos system thats why I don't think it could be faulty.
Thank you in advance for your help!

Aeacus

Titan
Ambassador
Boot failure literally means that your PC wasn't able to find the OS drive to boot into OS. That is a sign of bad drive, or the very least, dying drive (since you get it running eventually).

Also,
The SX8200 Pro does have a few downsides, though. While it boasts a five-year warranty, it has the same endurance rating as the Adata's non-Pro equivalents. If you're after an alternative to the high-endurance Samsung 970 PRO, the SX8200 Pro is not the best option: The drive’s endurance ratings are one-third that of Phison E12 powered SSDs like the Corsair Force MP510 and MyDigitalSSD BPX Pro.
source: https://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/adata-xpg-sx8200-pro-ssd,5955-5.html

Here, i'd RMA the SX8200 Pro. Or better yet, go with far more reliable M.2 NVMe SSD, like Samsung 900-series.

Jan 22, 2020
Boot failure literally means that your PC wasn't able to find the OS drive to boot into OS. That is a sign of bad drive, or the very least, dying drive (since you get it running eventually).

Also,

source: https://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/adata-xpg-sx8200-pro-ssd,5955-5.html

Here, i'd RMA the SX8200 Pro. Or better yet, go with far more reliable M.2 NVMe SSD, like Samsung 900-series.

Thank you for the advice as I haven't red about this downside yet.
Altough since I wrote the post and uninstalled the RGB fusion there were no errors at all (almost 3 weeks now).
If the problem comes back my first try will be another NVMe drive, as I will need more space eventually anyways, so it won't be wasted money if it's not the solution.

I will write some update in a few weeks hope it helps others too.

Jan 22, 2020
There were no problems at all for a month or so. Installed Gigabyte app center with rgb fusion and on the next restart it wouldn't boot. Took me around 20 boot loops to get into windows. Could it be because of a software conflict because of this 3: NZXT CAM + G.Skill Trident Z lighting control + RGB Fusion? Or hardware problem...escpecially MB?

Aeacus

Titan
Ambassador
You don't need to use the stock G.Skill Trident Z RGB lighting control since your RAM does support Gigabyte RGB Fusion 2.0.

Since the issue went away and re-appeared with Gigabyte Fusion, my best bet is the two programs conflicting over the control of RAM LEDs.

NZXT CAM is completely standalone software for controlling NZXT products, incuding LEDs and i don't see how it could interfere with Gigabyte Fusion. I also have NZXT CAM (controlling my HUE+ and AER RGB fans) and it plays very nicely with my MSI Gaming OSD, Corsair iCUE and Corsair CEE.

Jan 22, 2020
[SOLVED] So there were some boot failures after all, and found a thread on Gigabyte forums that pointed out some typo errors in the manual of the motherboard. It was about the front panel pins...
Sooo what I did was I unplugged the front panel cables end (NZXT H700i case - attached ) which supposed to divide the power switch +/-, HDD light, etc parts and I plugged in into the left side of the socket (there is no other way it would fit). Since then I have installed the RGB Fusion and all the lights are also fine, and no boot failures at all.
zOHGGPy.jpg

Aeacus

Titan
Ambassador
Sooo what I did was I unplugged the front panel cables end (NZXT H700i case - attached ) which supposed to divide the power switch +/-, HDD light, etc parts and I plugged in into the left side of the socket (there is no other way it would fit). Since then I have installed the RGB Fusion and all the lights are also fine, and no boot failures at all.
Installing new software (in your case Gigabyte Fusion) doesn't magically change the MoBo front I/O connections for it to cause a boot failure. Moreover, without connecting any HDD LED, Power SW, Reset SW and the like to the MoBo, PC will run completely fine. (You can start PC by briefly connecting MoBo Power + and - pins with e.g screwdriver.) Those cables are for quality of life to the user.

It's like when you install a new car radio and all car tires go flat. You installing car radio is in no shape or form connected to your car tires.