Question Intermittent internet in Widows 10

May 31, 2019
I have a severe problem with the internet on my PC. Frequently, the browser shows the "This site can't be reached" error, or the "(WEBSITE)’s server IP address could not be found." or some messages like that. The message some times shows "DNS_PROBE_FINISHED_NXDOMAIN" or "ERR_TIMED_OUT".
When I use windows troubleshooter, it shows the message "The DNS server isn't responding". After several attempts with the troubleshooter the issue is resolved, for some minutes, then it appears shortly!

I am using an original copy of Windows 10, an HP Pavilion Elite PC with Core i7-26003.4GHz processor, 16GB Ram, and a Samsung SSD 512GB drive.
I have a built-in LAN networking link and a TP-Link wireless card.

The problem occurs on either the wired and wireless connections, but it is worse with the wired connection.

What could be the reason for such a problem that is driving me mad!

Important note: There are several tablets and computers that are connected to the same router in my home, and working flawlessly.

May 31, 2019
It may be useful to reset the router either way but moving on to the PC, I'll ask a question and make a suggestion. How 'fresh' is that copy of Windows? Try booting into safe mode with networking and test browsing in there.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/12376/windows-10-start-your-pc-in-safe-mode

I rebooted the router a lot and restarted a lot as well. Didn't make a difference. The windows is about 6 months old, a while after installing it, that problem started along with a weird problem with the cable(the pc didn't detect it) that somehow got fixed but the internet problem is still there. and about trying safe mode, I didn't actually try that before but it would be hard because there isn't a certain pattern for the internet to suddenly stop(Note that it doesn't show it stopped, the computer feels there is internet but it doesn't work) and it would be kinda hard to be on safe mode with all the restrictions on it and just do random stuff until the problem happens.

May 31, 2019
OK. Let's try a network reset. Open the Settings app, go into Network and Internet and click "network reset." The process will take a few minutes than automatically reboot.

Here are a number of things to try. https://www.wikihow.com/Fix-DNS-Server-Not-Responding-Problem Also, you might want to go to Device Manager uninstall your Network adapter drivers, then click "Action" in the top menu and "Scan for any hardware changes".

I've tried all of these, either before asking the question(I searched a lot for solutions before asking here) or after it but nothing made a difference. The problem is it's random and happens without certain time intervals lets say, that's the reason I didn't reply for a while, because it takes time for it to happen.

And what's weirder is when I troubleshoot, it tells me "you have a problem with dns" basically, doesn't say it fixed it, then it's suddenly fixed. Some other times I troubleshoot, it says there is no problem(when it does that, the internet is still nonexistent). Other times it asks me to reboot the router, which also suddenly gets fixed after that message without me needing to actually reboot my router.

May 31, 2019
Found this, hopefully it will work. "(Y)ou should turn off Ethernet card energy saving settings PLUS deactivate "Green Ethernet" and "Energy Efficient Ethernet" found under the "Advanced" tab. Has been working great ever since

if what you said meant in the same device manager to right click on "Realtek PCle GbE Family Controller" then properties -> advanced then disable both "Energy-Efficient Ethernet" and "Green Ethernet"

and then go to control panel and search for "Network Connections" then right click the Ethernet(or wifi because I have both) -> properties -> configure -> power management _> then untick the "Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power"

Then yes, I did all of this and the problem didn't get fixed