[SOLVED] Internal HDD disconnecting with a click noise and then reconnecting when in use.

Sep 1, 2021
I have this issue where, there is this internal hdd drive 1tb of seagate, I do gaming in it so the thing is when i play games or whenever it is in use. It disconnects and then reconnects with a click noise. I first thought this was a PSU Issue and then got a new PSU and then went fine for months but then, this issue is happening again and i am really worried over what to do about it so i have come here if there are any solution?

Here are my specs below
Intel Pentium G4560 3.50ghz Processor
NVIDIA GTX 1050Ti 4GB
16 GB (8x2) RAM 2133 Mhz
Gigabyte H110m-s2 motherboard
Seagate 1 TB HDD (x2)
PSU:- Zebronics 450W PSU(I had the issue with this one before and then i got a new one and it worked fine)

Please help

Solution
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

Yes that PSU is certainly not something I'd have in any system, due to it's unreliability. The click you hear could be possibly originating from the HDD not getting enough power from the PSU, conversely it could also mean that the drive is saying, "I'm going to leave soon" and you need to backup all data or migrate to something else. Speaking of drives, how many partitions does the 1TB culprit drive have and how much free space do you have on said noisy HDD?

Lutfij

Titan

Yes that PSU is certainly not something I'd have in any system, due to it's unreliability. The click you hear could be possibly originating from the HDD not getting enough power from the PSU, conversely it could also mean that the drive is saying, "I'm going to leave soon" and you need to backup all data or migrate to something else. Speaking of drives, how many partitions does the 1TB culprit drive have and how much free space do you have on said noisy HDD?

Solution
Sep 1, 2021
201GB free of 931 GB, I don't think the drive had issues because, i changed the psu cable to another hdd and that hdd started causing an issue so it's likely an PSU issue? Any Cheap PSU options which can outpower a zebronics 450w?

Sep 1, 2021

It seems like an PSU issue now that it makes sense!

TRENDING THREADS