system specs :
ryzen 2700
8 x 2 ballistix 2999 Mhz
b450m pro m2 MSI
240gb wd green boot drive
2TB WD BLUE HDD
CoolerMaster MWE 650
build is around 1 yr old.

The WD Blue HDD keeps disconnecting randomly even when im using it or not using it. I think it started since I first installed windows 11 beta to try it out and I again installed windows 10 because win 11 did not work as expected , even though i have clean installed windows 10 and reset the Motherboard BIOS . the problem still persists. i have then replaced the HDD from the service center (got a new one), it was still in warranty. still the problem is there . what can be the problem .?! the power in my area is not so stable , there is voltage fluctuations , I have changed the sata cable and tried different motherboard sata ports but the no luck. if i plug in other HDDs (even with the same cable and sata port) it does not do this disconnecting thing . what can be the problem help me out ?!

thank you.

Last edited:

Lutfij

Titan
Where did you source the installer for Windows 10? As for your motherboard, what BIOS version are you working with? You forgot to mention the make and model of your PSU. Include the age of said PSU in the build.

the power in my area is not so stable , there is voltage fluctuations ,
Do you have an UPS tethered to your wall outlet and PSU?

if i plug in other HDDs (even with the same cable and sata port) it does not do this disconnecting thing
How much free space is on the culprit drive listed above? That being said, how many partitions do you have on said 2TB HDD?

Reactions: bhardwajthumber

bhardwajthumber

Reputable
Mar 21, 2018
Where did you source the installer for Windows 10? As for your motherboard, what BIOS version are you working with? You forgot to mention the make and model of your PSU. Include the age of said PSU in the build.

the power in my area is not so stable , there is voltage fluctuations ,
Do you have an UPS tethered to your wall outlet and PSU?

if i plug in other HDDs (even with the same cable and sata port) it does not do this disconnecting thing
How much free space is on the culprit drive listed above? That being said, how many partitions do you have on said 2TB HDD?

Windows 10 iso downloaded from windows official website.
and I have CoolerMaster MWE 650 , PSU.
the build is around 1 yr old.
no i do not have UPS or any other voltage regulators, i have an old voltage regulator which was used with old fridge (but i dont think it works properly)
2tb drive and 1.8 tb usable space as normal and im not using any partitions, whole disk is one 1.8tb partition in which i have different folders as normally people have .
BIOS Version/Date American Megatrends Inc. A.B0, 27-11-2020 <== this info source is windows' "system information".
BIOS version from BIOS settings => E7B84AMS.AB0 , i think this is older bios and now uodates are available . but im not updating for now.

could this be the data stored inside the HDD ?

this doesnt happen with other HDDs that i plug in the system. only this one .

thank you !

Last edited: