[SOLVED] Internet connection

royaldeadman

Prominent
Jun 26, 2019
I am no expert with windows 10 (diving deep into various menus to change settings) so I'm hoping perhaps you could help me? I had a sort of okay connection but now things just seem whacky and I have no idea where to start to fix it. Here is what I can tell you.

My computer is not the main router source. I am in another room. My pc has this gigabyte antenna that came with the PC but I feel like it wasn't getting the job done, so I bought a NETGEAR AC1200 (White antenna) wifi extender for my wall. At times, even this extender seems whacky, proving me with 2-5ghz extensions but not really connecting wonderfully. So then I called up T-mobile and they told me because of where I live, the connection is sort of bad to begin with, but they sent me out this router of theirs for free and it's supposed to help boost my signal.

I forgot to mention maybe a month ago I reformatted my pc, so perhaps their are settings that I need to go deep into my pc to change? I can get on the internet, but when I download software that is huge, it takes forever.

Can you please try and help me?

Solution
Hello

Please check your connection speed with any online speed testing website. If the speed is OK, please check if there is any high magnetic field nearby that is causing interference.

Please scan your PC for any malware that are creating any bottlenecks for your NIC.

Please check if any driver updates are available for your NIC.

Also, please try closing all web browsers and their tabs during download and see if the speed increases.

Feel free to report back for any further assistance.

Cheers!!
Hello

Please check your connection speed with any online speed testing website. If the speed is OK, please check if there is any high magnetic field nearby that is causing interference.

Please scan your PC for any malware that are creating any bottlenecks for your NIC.

Please check if any driver updates are available for your NIC.

Also, please try closing all web browsers and their tabs during download and see if the speed increases.

Feel free to report back for any further assistance.

Cheers!!

Solution