Internet drops connection about every 5 minutes or so....Need some help.

SaltyGod

Reputable
Feb 23, 2014
Hello I am new to this site, not sure if this post is in the correct area, so, sorry if it is. Anyways I have this problem where my computer just completely loses connection about every 5 or so minutes then comes back, This had just started doing this to me a few days ago, I thought it would fix it self within a day or so but I was wrong. However my other computer (which is a laptop) does not do this, its only my desktop. I tried researching up on it and I had found another post from someone on here that had the exact same problem but none of the responses had helped, not to mention that the post was from 2 years ago. So if anyone knows or has experienced the same problem that could help me it would very much be appreciated.

On the other hand I also had another problem with games, when ever I play a game, no matter if its from steam or where ever, I experience major ping issues, Like again this does not happen when I use my laptop or any other computer, its just this desktop. The desktop is still new, I got it for Christmas. This could just be the most ridiculous question but Is it because I need a Ethernet cable since I have wireless internet or wireless network adapter (what ever you want to call it)? Someone I know told me that this would be the solution but im not sure if that's actually true or not. Anyways like I said before it would be very much appreciated if someone could help me, Thanks.