[SOLVED] Internet keeps disconnecting and connecting for short intervals when playing online games

Feb 12, 2022
This problem has been with me for almost 2 years now after I had just gotten a brand new gaming pc. My internet just disconnects for ~30 seconds while playing online games with friends, which is really annoying because it force DC's me most of the time. This problem is also ONLY on my computer. I've checked my phone while the internet dc's on my pc and everything works. I've tried so many solutions like upping my internet speed, updating my router, and now recently even getting a new router, but the problem still persists. I'm not too intelligent with tech so I don't know if my pc could be the problem. I'm desperate so any help is appreciated.

Solution
Yes that looks good. Problem is you need to catch it when it is disconnects. If it intermittent it can drop and come back before you can check. If this is happening there should be messages in the event viewer.

Although it is not likely the issue try to disable the IPv6 support in the nic settings . Maybe you are just losing the IPv6 connectivity but not the IPv4.
Yes that looks good. Problem is you need to catch it when it is disconnects. If it intermittent it can drop and come back before you can check. If this is happening there should be messages in the event viewer.

Although it is not likely the issue try to disable the IPv6 support in the nic settings . Maybe you are just losing the IPv6 connectivity but not the IPv4.

Solution
Feb 12, 2022

https://prnt.sc/26vrcj3
I managed to catch it and there seem to be a lot less options this time without the internet.

That means you have a very basic failure at the physical level.

It is most likely just a bad cable. Buy a new cat5e cable or cat6 if it cheaper. Key is the cable must be pure copper (no CCA) and it must have wire size 22-24 , none of that flat or thin cable.

There is a small chance it is a port in the computer or the router but it is very uncommon and no way to actually fix a port.